A full home gym, now what?

Options
A couple weeks ago I was the very lucky recipient of a FREE home gym. Now I don't really know what to do. Can someone(s) share with me good sites for weights workouts? I am already running (over 15 miles/week) but I know and have known that this is something I NEED to integrate into my fitness plan.

The picture below is what I have.

7257g7a_27.jpeg

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    JEFIT, It's like an MFP but just for workouts. I love the phone app.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Find a friend who has a trial membership offer they can give you for a gym, then see a trainer on tips to get started. No need to join the gym, just use the week or whatever you can get to learn the basics, so you can apply what you learn to your own equipment.

They should also teach you proper way to use the equipment. When I went to a gym several years ago, they taught us all the basics. You work yourself up on weights and number of reps, but your best bet is a one on one with a trainer to learn the proper use and positioning of yourself and all with the equipment.

Good Luck!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
  • wmjrigo
    wmjrigo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Diddo JEFIT. Check out their website as well. Lots of routines and illustrations for different lifts and what not. I love it!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com

There are programs that you can follow - I'm doing the Lebrada 12 week one right now and like it.
    If you're not sure what an exercise is they have links to demos on all of them.
    Pretty good site.
    Steph

And lucky you on the free home gym!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Not only lucky to get the gym but lucky that it fits in your home! :-D Those things are TALL!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well that picture isn't of *my* unit, but a google image result for the same model. We're renting a ranch-house, and the "room" where the weights are located is the old walk-through part of a dairy barn, so it's plenty tall.