~*~Girly Question!!~*~

Options
Has anybody tried sugaring?
I hear it's supposed to be better than waxing.
I have been waxing my underarms for a few weeks now,(shaving T-Totally irritates them) but lately it's been irritated and I have found a recipe to make sugaring: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-and-Use-Body-Sugaring-Paste

I thought that I would get some comments before I decided to make this!

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried sugaring?
    I hear it's supposed to be better than waxing.
    I have been waxing my underarms for a few weeks now,(shaving T-Totally irritates them) but lately it's been irritated and I have found a recipe to make sugaring: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-and-Use-Body-Sugaring-Paste

I thought that I would get some comments before I decided to make this!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hmm... never heard of sugaring. Let me know b/c my bikini area and the back of my thighs get irritated. I don't like waxing (YOUCH) and Nair is too messy.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I sounds interesting...I've never heard of it, but if we're not going to eat our sugar, might as well put it to good use.

:laugh:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it, but don't know if it works...good luck
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i've never heard of it before, it sounds very interesting
    but then again i dont have a problem with shaving so i dont have to wax (thank god!)

let us know if you do go ahead with it
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Here is also a youtube video about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COo0Mx_Rd-A

Pretty interesting
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm just a bit worried of my pup licking me to death. He already licks the crap out of my legs so imagine if I do that and don't rinse well....:noway: :blushing: :bigsmile: :noway:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    alot of at home wax kits are made from sugar, especially the 'use cold' kind (i think) and as far as i know, it works pretty well...
  • magichatter06
    Options
    I'm just a bit worried of my pup licking me to death. He already licks the crap out of my legs so imagine if I do that and don't rinse well....:noway: :blushing: :bigsmile: :noway:

haha my dog does the same thing! Even my cat will lick me after I put on lotion :huh:
  • milomoose
    Options
    I don't have any direct experience with this, but I have heard it's great!

My friend is Arabic and she does sugaring all the time. She swears by it. She's always telling me to try it, but I'm just too lazy and I can handle the razor.

Anyway, she buys the pre-made kits at Lebabese/Middle Eastern specialty grocery stores. Not sure if one is in your area, but if this homemade recipe doesn't work, it might be worth checking out the pre-made authentic stuff.

Best of luck, and let us know how it goes.