Who drinks?

Options
2»

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    See, I have this love for liquor that won't allow me to say anything bad on its behalf. Drink up buddy. It should be enjoyed without remorse.
    TYVM Phil.
    To the poster, of course not...I still drink(though not as often) but when I do, I DRINK! Before I found this site, I was gaining on a regular basis and now that I'm not, I have no complaints. I usually count what I drink to fit my calorie goals or just work it off or something, but it's nothing to be afraid of. I have to live a normal life during this journey which is also lifelong and I don't believe in depriving myself of what I want...everything in moderation is what I say...except alcohol of course!!!lol Drink up dude and enjoy...work it off later and keep counting!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BlueEyesAllDay
    Options
    I'm in...... Who's buying???
  • crazymama2two
    Options

not me, im too poor BUT i do show boobs for booze!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I have a drink or two almost every day and I simply log them like anything else I eat that has calories. I don't advocate fasting the day of an anticipated bender, but I do support the idea of exercising off a chunk of calories that day to make room for the booze that night. ;)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If you guys can stand/handle PBR tall boys, I have the first round. :wink: :laugh:
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    If you guys can stand/handle PBR tall boys, I have the first round. :wink: :laugh:

OHMYGOD!! my soulmate my soulmate!! i have found you!!! i should dig out my pic of me kissing my PBR tall boy at a concert last summer -- ahh, good times!
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options

OHMYGOD!! my soulmate my soulmate!! i have found you!!! i should dig out my pic of me kissing my PBR tall boy at a concert last summer -- ahh, good times!

Whoa no kidding?? LOL Most people I talk to think it's the worst but my inner Grunge child thinks it's still the best to drink at concerts/venues. :D I heart you so much right now, running off to friend!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    Options
    :laugh: If you were here I'd hook U up!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    Options
    Lowest calorie drinks I've discovered yet is vodka with either Crystal Light or if you're cheap like me, Great Value Lemonade drink mix which is 5cals per 8oz. 1-1 1/2 shots to 4oz with some ice in the blender will set it off...if you do it about 4 times...just make sure it's in the cal budget....1shot of vodka is about 55 cals, y'all can do the math!:drinker: :smokin: :glasses:Makes for a really nice day...post-workout, of course!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Ha! In Portland, everyone drinks that!
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options

Hipsters, Hippies, Punks and Metal Heads. It's the drink that unites us. ;D
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Hipsters, Hippies, Punks and Metal Heads. It's the drink that unites us. ;D

So true :drinker:
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka and Diet tonic or Michelob Ultra which is like 95 calories (too lazy to google it) and those are not bad at all in moderation. Also a good workout the morning after will sweat the hangover out and if you are too sick to eat that's good (kidding).
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a drink or two almost every day and I simply log them like anything else I eat that has calories. I don't advocate fasting the day of an anticipated bender, but I do support the idea of exercising off a chunk of calories that day to make room for the booze that night. ;)

Me too, and I've gone from 126 to 104/105. I got the crazy idea that I should stop drinking until I reached my goal weight/body fat percentage, but that only lasted about a week. No, I'm not an alcoholic, but wine is one of my biggest pleasures and giving it up made me sad. I just log the calories and eat less. Problem solved. :wink:
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found the couple of times that I have drunk (even with limiting my calorie intake to compensate) that I am heavier the next day due to bloating. I seem to lose it the next couple of days by eating properly but I put on at least 5 - 8 pounds so don't be too freaked out...it's only temporary...but you need to be careful with your calories afterwards!
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Alcohol does not support weight-loss. Two reasons. It slows the fat burning process and adds empty calories. Alcohol is a concentrated source of calories. It has 7 calories per gram. Only fat has more calories per gram than alcohol – 9 per gram. So alcohol will be a deviation from your road to weight-loss objective.

When I started my weight-loss process that awarded me with 46 pounds victory I was 100% in compliance with the rules and did not take a glass of wine during the first few months.

We all need a treat from time to time. I love red wine and sometimes take a break from healthy eating.

Choices we make …
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I always try to fit the alcohol into my calories and then fit in a workout the morning after drinking.

well you obviously didnt drink enough the night before since you have no hangover and can go work out :) im teasing.

haha-- I was thinking the same thing!!! I hear ya I can drink like a "sailor" but... I just don't eat my exercise calories during the whole week so I have some "saved" up....

Have fun!! As I sit next to the bonfire drinking my beer I'll toast to LIFESYTLE Change..lol
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend.. I get either rum & diet coke or jack & diet coke. Martini's aren't too bad either. Light beer, shots are another good choice.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I always try to fit the alcohol into my calories and then fit in a workout the morning after drinking.

well you obviously didnt drink enough the night before since you have no hangover and can go work out :) im teasing.

haha-- I was thinking the same thing!!!

Haha, well, benders / binges are pretty rare for me these days. I had my times in my 20s, for sure... but now it's more like a drink or three every night or two.