getting depressed

Options
So my situation is this; i hurt my foot a few weeks ago ( i fractured the same foot last year) the xrays showed nothing but then last year the only way they sound the break was thru an MRI, my doc put me on antinflammatory meds to see if that would help she is treating it as a strain at this point so that way i won't go thru another mri for nothing, but my foot is feeling a little better then it was but i work 12 hour shifts and have a 2 year old who likes to jump on my foot between the two my foot still hurts bad enough that i just don't want to risk hurting my foot more so i have done some light house work and my walking around at work other then that i haven't done anything. I am starting to get depressed i noticed a huge change in just the few weeks of being on here and i felt my moods even being better but now i have started slipping back to where i was before and eating more then i should. i have always been an eater when i am down and have really been trying to get outta that. i don't know what to do at this point.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,115 Member
    Options
    Last July I broke a bone in my foot just stepping off the curb and rolling my ankle. They are common injuries (foot).

I understand about feeling down and defeated. Don't let this derail you. Don't gain another ten pounds while feeling sorry about it.

You can always swim, or buy some resistance bands for $15 and do a workout that way. This is the time to really work on developing recipes and good eating habits for your family. Use the time to de-clutter your house and do those little cleaning projects you've been delaying. Stay busy - it fights off the negative thoughts.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i can sorta relate. *hugs*
  • wimmerfan
    wimmerfan Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you guys i have done cleaning which does help for a little while. I am going to keep going and working at it just really depressing that i finally was feeling good and this had to happen yet again.
  • niki30
    niki30 Posts: 40
    Options
    Now that you've noticed what your doing, you can change that. I know its hard to change old habits, believe me. It takes a while to get into a different mind set of eating less and making healthier snack choices. I used to ( and still occasionally do) make bad choices, especially when I am down or mad. My weakness is ice cream :love: But I have started to choose less and less of it and more healthier alternatives. You have to make the choice, and want to. Nobody can tell you what to do, we can just give advice from our own failings and successes. Hang in there! I hope your foot feels better soon :):happy:
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I had foot problems and could not walk without pain. I got an excercise bike so I could be doing something to keep active. Finally after weeks of this I can finally walk and do other excercise. It was really depressing and hard to stay on track. Good luck with this & try to stay on track in spite of your injury!
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Don't get depressed. You have to take it one step at a time. Try to curb the eatting. I am just like you, I like to eat when I am upset or just down. The best thing I can tell you is to get out of the house when your hungry. Walk out in your yard...do laundry...or whatever you can do. The whole point of this is a life style change. You are starting to take better care of yourself. Your foot is the same way take care of yourself. If you don't you wont be able to do anything and you will be gaining way more than you want. I hope that you feel better and you can get back out there real soon!!!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Due to some injuries I've been unable to exercise for most of my weight-loss "journey". You can lose weight without exercise although it takes longer. Last year I lost 40 lbs with no more exercise than an occasional 20 minute walk.

While your injury is healing perhaps you can concentrate on your diet and how to eat healthy.

good luck!!!