Hello from the UK :)

stevemark
stevemark Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All

I'm new to the forum and have been using the iPhone app for about a week.

Only just started reading the forums but so far found them amazing for support and ideas to keep the motivation going.

I think I can be classed as a yo yo dieter, although since 2005 its mainly been on the up!! My goal is to run the London Marathon in 2012 having done it once before in 2005.

Ideally I have around 120 pounds to lose, so there's a long way to go but I know I can do it this time.

Today was the biggest test having been to a barbecue, but glad to say it was water, grilled chicken and salad, not a burger in sight!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to adding a few friends for mutual support.

Steve

Replies

• gingaly
    gingaly Posts: 4
    Good luck steve!!! I couldn't imagine running a marathon as I am still working up to a 5k but that is an awesome goal! I could definitly use the support as well if you would like to be friends! I am just starting out with this app too, and once I saw all the online support and realized how easy it was to use I decided that this time was going to be different! Well I wish you the best with your training I really hope you reach your goal and can accomplish that marathon!!!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Welcome to the website. Good luck with your goals and plans to run a marathon in 2012. That is truly amazing. I am just ready to lose the weight and may consider a 5k in the near future but their is no rush for me. You are welcome to friend me if you like. Have a great day.
    Laurie
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Hi Steve!
    I was an app-first person too.
    Where in the UK are you? There're loads of us on here ;)

Ros (Sheffield)
  • Not far from London, a town called Hemel, everyone knows it from the Buncefield explosion a few years ago!!

The app has been a real bonus, I couldn't believe it was free!! Such a bargain and its been a massive help to work out calories on the go.

Just need to keep it going, all the gizmo's in the world don't help when you're an habitual snacker like me!

Good luck

Steve
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Steve welcome to the MFP family - (I'm from the UK) only bn here for a few days n cut out all my snacks (chrisps n chocolates) n lost 4 lbs already!

Feel free to add me as a friend :) x
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Hi and welcome - look forward to seeing your successes over the coming months. I'm struggling to get anywhere near able to do a 5k, so impressed with your marathon goal.

Alison (in Essex)
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Hi Steve,

welcome to MFP! I watched my other hlaf run the marathon last weekend so I know the training that you'll need to put in - so that's not an insignificant target. I hope you get there and succeed in your weight loss.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like some support along the journey.
This discussion has been closed.