Water Tricks?

Options
I'm just not a water drinker, and need a few tips to make sure I get enough. Anyone got any tricks to get their water in?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    In the winter: hot tea. I could drink it by the gallon. Same goes for rainy days.
    When the weather gets warmer, I make iced tea, drink things like SoBe Lifewater and Vitamen water (the zero cal kind of each).
    But then, I still drink water during and after workouts. At those times it's all that sounds good.
  • heididormanen
    Options
    I use a stainless steel water bottle.. from thermos.. it keeps the water iced cold and I drink through a straw, and..lol.. I can't see the contents so I am not as focused on it. For some reason that all works for me.. I definitely think the straw works wonders.
  • superstarcola
    Options
    this might sound silly but I find it a LOT easier to drink water from a bottle and get all of my water in, than from a glass.
    Adding lemon helps some people too.
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Drink a full glass of water before each meal. And I love my Camelbak water bottle with straw. I drink much more water throu a straw!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Mio enhanced water drops - LOVE them
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I drink mine from a 20oz sports bottle. That way I can takes drinks all day long but never feel like I have to drink a whole glass at once. It always surprises me how quickly I can drink a whole bottle. I end up drinking about 6 of them a day, 120 ounces!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Mio enhanced water drops - LOVE them

You know that's essentially Kool-Aid made with artificial sweetener, right?
  • power252
    power252 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a big 32 oz water bottle from the store, and I just pour my water in there and drink it through the built in straw, and I get a lot all of my water in that way and its super easy:)
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem - I never drank much of anything, let alone water. I'm doing much better now though- I've been consistently getting about 7-8 cups a day (which is REALLY good for me!). I started out by pretty much forcing myself to drink it, but in small quantities at a time...a cup here, a cup there...I make sure to drink some when I wake up, and I take a water bottle with me to work that I try to sip on throughout the day. Now that it's been a few weeks, I find that it's a lot easier to drink water- I don't need to force myself. If anything, I miss it if I don't regularly drink it now. I feel like I have more energy during the day, so it's definitely worth it! Best of luck to you!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I seem to drink the most water when I keep filling up a 44 oz glass. I've tried smaller glasses and a big water jug and that seems to be the size that's still convenient enough to carry around and not annoying to fill up 12 times.

I fill that up 2-3 times per day and drink throughout the day.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    low-cal flavoured water is nice :) i can drink 1.5L in 1 sitting lol and i dont generally go for water :)

hope this helps xx
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I bought a reusable water bottle from Walmart, the steel ones, was like $5 and it has a straw.
    I find myself drinking more when I drink out of that.
    I just keep filling it up throughout the day and keep it right next to me, alllll day it's right by my side.
    Just tell yourself to drink before and after meals! Make yourself lol
    My skin is so much clearer now that I drink only water :)
    I also like True Lime/True Lemon, just crystallized lime/lemon packets. They also make a lemonade/raspberry lemonade without artificial sweeteners, called True Lemon
    http://www.truelemon.com/true-lemonade.html
    Makes water tasty :)
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm not a water drinker either. It actually took me a whole month to meet my water intake. It was the hardest thing. I put in sliced cucumbers and melons with some mint in mine. I love spas and they always have the most refreshing waters there so that's what I do.

Lemon and mint also delish or orange lavender. Just make sure you include: in your count for the day. This helps me alot...Hope it helps you! :flowerforyou:
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    I also put my measured water out and keep it where I can see it. I mark it so noone in my home uses it and this way I can't lose count!