Well, whaddya know..eat more, lose more..:))

Options
2»

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm now at 119.2 lbs and struggling to lose anything atm (goal is 110lbs). Do you guys think I should up my NET calories from 1200 (I was thinking to maybe like 1500) upping my calories scares me! I need advice!
    give it a week or 2, what do you have to lose?
  • nimmi1302
    nimmi1302 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bmi is not worth the paper it was written on, this is why I constantly preach that you need to feed to succeed, same as tom venuto, marvelous books he has written and by far my fav author. Keeping it simple and understanding how the body works to maximize fat loss. I am living proof of that, eating 1940 cals a day, eating all my exercise cals or at least 90% of them and shedding fat easily, 100 days in 30.4 pounds down, and not a single plateau. It pains me greatly to see women and men on here starving themselves thinking that it is beneficial to fat loss, and they are only harming themselves and making it harder than it needs to be.

I am beginning to realize this now. Still looking for healthy calorie dense foods- any suggestions?
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Me too, doing WW I was stuck for months that was last year. After coming to MFP, I was on 1200, and hungry and nothing consistent was happening. So it was suggested to up my cals, and I did, I'm not hungry and I'm losing. Wish I had known back then.
  • BStayer
    BStayer Posts: 22
    Options
    Last weekend I went to Vegas for work. The first day I did good. The rest of the time (2 more days afterwards), I had to eat the meals that were brought into our meetings. This food was not decided on 'healthy choices'. So I didnt' eat so well. When I got back, weighed myself and I lost 1 lb. Huh?? I still can't figure it out other than that my metabolism is so ramped up from my normal diet of eating a meal every 2-3 hours and eating 6-8 times a day that it just burned everything I gave it those days! Needless to say, I'm pretty happy!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to realize this now. Still looking for healthy calorie dense foods- any suggestions?
    almonds, natural nut butters, edamame, fruits, natural oils (olive, macadamia nut, canola)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Its pretty sweet, isn't it? lol!!!

Where's my cinnamon rasin peanut butter? :laugh: