OMG.....OMG......OMG

Options
pelleld
pelleld Posts: 363 Member
I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!! Today was my first weigh-in that did NOT include a loss. I was feeling a little down about it but figured it was bound to happen sooner or later. I decided to change up my exercise routine for the upcoming week and just keep on keepin' on. To focus on the positive, I decided to try on some of the summer clothes that were tight on me last year (I'm down 13 pounds, 5 away from goal.). Everything looked so good I decided to try on the dress I wore in 2007 when my step son got married. I weighed 127 that day and I felt like a million bucks. Last time I tried it on I couldn't zip it. Well today it FIT!!! And it fit better than it did back then, even though I am 130 right now! I am so happy I could dance!!! It gave me the inspiration to keep going and remind myself of how far I've come. Yeah me!!!!

Replies

• mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm so happy for you. Those moments make all the hard work worth it.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    That is awesome, way to go!!!:flowerforyou:
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Thats what happens when you keep on keepin on :-) Congrats, you earned it!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I bet that is an amazing feeling!!! Shows that you lost inch's and gained muscle weight :) CONGRATS!!!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Keep up the great work. Sometimes the scale doesn't show our progress, way to find another way to stay inspired.
  • DagoGrl2
    DagoGrl2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Awesome! That's is great!!!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! CONGRATS :)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    you know, that is a really great idea. When feeling down about the scale not moving, just go in the closet and try on all the things we can wear that we couldn't a year ago! Thanks for sharing this, very inspiring!! Congrats on your loss and your nicely fitted dress!! lol
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you...even when the scale doesn't say what we want it to say, what happened to you lets you know that you have been WORKIN' IT, GIRL!!!!! Congrats on your NSV!!!!:bigsmile:
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful and far more meaningful than a number on the scale. Well done :laugh:
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I love it when things like this happen just goes to show that the scale isn't law. Woo hoo! Congrats!
  • mt_nest
    mt_nest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your report. It gives me a real "shot in the arm." I was just blogging a whiny story about how I my weight keeps fluctuating without reason. However, if I look back to where I was a few months ago, I can realize that I have made tremedous strides. I'm happy for you that you had your epiphany!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I loved digging out clothes that were too tight last year and finding them too big now!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well congrats! I know it feels good.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! It's not the number -- it's the feel. If you've been working out more, your muscles are probably better toned today.
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great. I'm so happy for you!
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    That is so exciting! Congrats!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! I think the "clothing scale" is a lot more accurate that the "weight scale". That is just a number that changes from day to day. Being able to wear clothes you love and feel confident in them is what the world sees.

Enjoy this monumental NSV!
  • denacutrone
    Options
    yahooooooo! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!