Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - December 4

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Morning Everyone. Nicole must be tied up with the little ones. Don't know how you moms do it. I can hardly keep up and all my little ones have tails - my picture on the left is an artist's interpretation of one of my babies, not far from the truth either.

Yesterday I taught the 90 minute yoga class and walked for 45 minutes. I joined the spring fitness challenge, so now I have to work on balance, abs, and jogging. Today is gym day, but my germaphobic husband has seeped into my head, and I don't like getting on the floor of the gym anymore. So I have to remember to do leg lifts once I get home.

The scale was the same today as yesterday, so I can say with confidence another 1.5 lbs gone! I'm very happy about this. I get my physical today, so I can tell doc that my diet is working!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Morning Everyone. Nicole must be tied up with the little ones. Don't know how you moms do it. I can hardly keep up and all my little ones have tails - my picture on the left is an artist's interpretation of one of my babies, not far from the truth either.

Yesterday I taught the 90 minute yoga class and walked for 45 minutes. I joined the spring fitness challenge, so now I have to work on balance, abs, and jogging. Today is gym day, but my germaphobic husband has seeped into my head, and I don't like getting on the floor of the gym anymore. So I have to remember to do leg lifts once I get home.

The scale was the same today as yesterday, so I can say with confidence another 1.5 lbs gone! I'm very happy about this. I get my physical today, so I can tell doc that my diet is working!
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    I just came back from the gym and was on the eliptical for 60 mins. I also have lost another pound. I am down to 157. I have lost 52 lbs now, 32 more to go
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Wow. that is really wonderful. Congratulations!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I am going to the gym with a group today. They are all runners. I do not know what is in store for me, but I know it is going to be big!!!!!!!!
    Great job athomemommy and marywilldiet. Keep up the great work.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Yesterday 5 mile walk in hills
    Today 90 minutes biking in hills

Still no weight training - :blushing:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Greetings! I did 60 minutes with my trainer this morning, then a 40 minute run on the treadmill and a 60 minute yoga class! I'm determined... :happy:

Denmother, I'd say 90 minutes of biking in the hills counts for weight training!!! You rock.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    I'm finally home! Thanks for starting us off today Mary! I live in the mountains about an hour outside of Denver so when I have stuff to do 'in town' it's pretty much an all day thing. Had an early morning meeting so I had to get out the door this morning! Anyway...

I rode my bike for 30 minutes at a moderate pace last night. One thing I've tried to incorporate in to my day is just moving while I'm doing other activities. Lifting the laundry bags up and down as I carry them down to the basement, dancing to my ipod while I cook, jogging in place while I wait for the shower to heat up (not the most pleasant site in front of the bathroom mirror!). I don't know if it does anything for me and it's nothing I 'count' but I figure a little extra here and there sure can't hurt!

Looks like everyone is doing a SUPER job!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    30 minutes on gazelle (I finally dusted it off)! I'm not sure if it's that or the lifting, but my calves are ON FIRE!!!!:sad:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Did my Pilates & rode my bike 10 miles.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Yesterday I worked for my Town Clerk recording documents, I think it qualifies as weight training. The books are about 10 lbs each and I kept walking them back and forth to my desk to place information in them. All I know is I had a backache after 5 hours of it. That was all for yesterday. Today I went on a small 30 minute hike through about a foot of snow. I circled our hill and then came home, it was cooold. Maybe I will do my strength training tonight if I can get to it.