hi

Options
Joined earlier but never did anything with the site. Started this week on diet and exercise. I think this will be a big help.
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions and sharing your successes

Replies

• clarice9701
    Options
    Joined earlier but never did anything with the site. Started this week on diet and exercise. I think this will be a big help.
    Looking forward to hearing your suggestions and sharing your successes
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    welcome clarice! You'll love it here. Best of luck to you.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! First off, I'll tell you to throw out the word diet! This is NOT a diet. It's a "lifestyle change". The reason this place has worked for me, and countless others, is because it's NOT your typical diet, where you're "good" for so long and then because you're "deprived of all goodies" you eventually just give up. Here, you CAN have a "goodie" now and then, you just need to "work for it" with exercise. All you need to do is watch your daily numbers, drink lots of water, and get some exercise (which gives you higher numbers!) and the weight WILL come off! Take it from someone who's been on just about every diet ever invented, this site REALLY, REALLY WORKS! AND, it's even FUN!
    I recommend that you log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure some stuff, such as meat, since estimating can be WAY off.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! Good luck with your new adventure! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Come peruse the boards!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    "hello clarice"
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! :flowerforyou: This site will do wonders!! Its fantastic. Good luck with your goals! :drinker:
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Good luck with we are all with you.:wink:
  • Lacey24
    Lacey24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just signed up on this sight today...I just had a baby April 30, 2008 and I am trying to lose the baby weight. I have never dieted or exercised to lose weight before, so I am kinda nervous.
    Thanks
    Lacey