the things kids say/do...

Options
mishelnkiki
mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
For anybody who has children, we all know that kids say and do the most awesome things. sometimes not so awesome. this is really not fitness related but was sooo cute i just had to share with the ppl i love.

Its storming here pretty bad today and as im sitting here a LOUD crack of thunder went off. scared the BEJEEZUS out of me. my son (he's 2) comes running over and says... "mommy... are u ok?" of course i said yes im fine the thunder just scared mommy. he says.. dont worry mommy.. i protect u. so he runs to the door, opens it up and stands there... looks at me... turns back puffs his chest up real big and screams... stupid sunder (thunder) u stop caring (scaring) me mommy... or else.... WE... FIGHT!!!

to make it even better, he runs back, grabs his straw out of his drink, swings it like a sword, looks back at me says... "see mommy... me got this"!

I WAS DYING! ROTFLMAO! after i finally stop laughing, he looks at me so very serious and says... whats funny mom?

ohhh kids! couldnt imagine my life without em!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, I have a two year old daughter and she says the darnedest things, man!

She has called boobs and bras boeboes since she was one, just the other day we had gone into a Walmart to pick up somethings, and she saw the racks of bras and said, "Hey dad, look at all those pretty boeboes, do you like them?"
  • mishelnkiki
    Options
    That is awesome, I have a two year old daughter and she says the darnedest things, man!

She has called boobs and bras boeboes since she was one, just the other day we had gone into a Walmart to pick up somethings, and she saw the racks of bras and said, "Hey dad, look at all those pretty boeboes, do you like them?"
    LOL! just wait until she gets older and u have to buy those pretty boeboes for her! lol. my daughter is 6 and is now asking for me to buy her bras. i just look at her like shes lost her dang mind and keep it truckin. i dont think im quite ready for all that yet. lol.
  • ktraubert
    ktraubert Posts: 29
    Options
    awwwwwwwww that is the cutest thing ever. I love it and can't wait to have kids someday God willing!
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    lol kids are so funny my daughter (now 6) used to call bras booby holders. my 3year old son also comes out with some classics but i can't remember them at this moment.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My younger son saw my heart rate monitor on me (The strap just under the girls) and asked about it. I told him its a meter and the watch tells me what my heart rate is when I work out. He then asked is it called a boobometer? Made me laugh!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Those are so cute!

The other night I asked my 4 year old son to ask my 14 year old son to please get their little sister a drink, she's 2. My 4 year old goes up and says "GET EMMA A DRINK YOU WIENER!" My 14 year old said "OKAY!". Stillll laughing about it. :)
  • m2purple
    m2purple Posts: 38
    Options
    My kids are the same way all the time.... When I am working out at home and having an awful time keeping up with the dvd or the wii game, my daughter, who is four, will come over and tell me she is going to "help" me and will lay down on the floor with me, and my two year old son comes over and lays on my stomach or back while I am trying to do the exercise! They make me laugh so hard I have to start over.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Our 2-year-old daughter reminded us that we eat in front of the TV too often. After the Spongebob theme song the other night, she promptly said "Amen!"
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    Love it! I have 3 sons who are just the same. My kids are the best 65 lbs I've ever gained ;)
  • mishelnkiki
    Options
    My kids are the same way all the time.... When I am working out at home and having an awful time keeping up with the dvd or the wii game, my daughter, who is four, will come over and tell me she is going to "help" me and will lay down on the floor with me, and my two year old son comes over and lays on my stomach or back while I am trying to do the exercise! They make me laugh so hard I have to start over.
    my son does that too! when im laying down on the floor he will say... "ok mommy... lets count." he climbs on my stomach and counts to ten over and over and over. lol. sometimes he will lay down with me and pretend to do them too. at least we are teaching our kids the value of good exercise right. lol.
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid working out around my 4 yr old twins because I get awesome encouraging statements like "mama your belly is flopping around" and "your face is all red and sweaty" and my personal favorite while in the dressing room "your to big for those pants" lol wish they had a censer button
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! My boys come out with some of the best stuff. When my 5 year old started asking why girls and boys can't be in the bathroom together my 8 year old explained that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. For days he gave me a funny look when I would come out of the bathroom. Finally he asked so if you don't have a penis do you just pee out of your butt? LOL. Oh the innocence.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    My daughter, ~2 years old at the time was in the middle of potty training and using pull ups. My wife found some blue ones with cars on them on clearance and since she was close to being done with them figured that we should just get some cheap. Before that she got to have pretty pink princess ones and loved them. So, we were running low on the the princess ones and decided to put a "boy" one on her. My daughter go mad and said, "Dady, I'm a girl. I don't want BOY pants!". I thought it was funny and she settled down after a few minutes.

I went back to cleaning up the house a bit, then noticed the house was abnormally quite. Any parent knows when you have a 3 year old and the house is quiet that something is up. So, I stopped and listened and heard some water dripping. The sound was comming from the bathroom so I stuck my head around the corner. My daughter was standing there with one of her bath cups, dipping it in the toilet and dumping it down the front of her pull up!

See, the pull ups had a little car symbol on the front (like the tiara on the princess ones) that goes away when they get wet. She knows that if the symbol goes away she'll get a new pull up. I asked what she was doing and she said, "daddy, I think I need a princess pull up.....see" as she pointed to the front of the pull up. :noway:
  • StephanieDuckie
    Options
    The other night when I came home from work, my two year old daughter met me at the door. Before I even took two steps in the door, she said "Oh, good. You're home". She walked over to the radio; "Let's dance!". She turned up the volume and started to dance around the house! Really, what WOULD we do without these kiddos to keep us entertained?
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    While babysitting our 5 yr old granddaughter last night she says "I'm hungry". My husband says "Do you have a tapeworm?". Her response, "No, I only have scissors"
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    and one more...My sister was in the bathroom giving her 2 small boys a bath (this was years ago but we still talk about it). She said the front door was locked so when her husband came home, he couldn't get in the house & she didn't hear him knocking, so he went around to the back of the house and started knocking on the bathroom window to get her attention. She was startled, she jumped and screamed before she realized it was her husband. She let him in the door & told him "You scared the wits out of me!". Her small son was in agreement, and her husband asked him "Son, do you know what wits are?". He said "yeah, it's those things momma puts in her braziere"
  • KristenAnn711
    KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
    Options
    When my cousin was maybe 2 he got really upset over something. My aunt said "Paul you have anger issues", and he replies with "no, i have jumping shoes."
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    MOM CAN I PUSH YOUR BUTTONS Yup My son was in one of his moods about 3 years old and we were out at a swap meet with a friend of mine and all he kept saying was Mom can I push your buttons when everyone else could see he had already done so.... It wasnt funny to me at the moment but today it is, but my friend sure got a great laugh at it
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Few months ago, I had been trying to make a habit of going to gym. One morning, converstation with my 3 yr old went like this (he's in his "why why why why" phase).

Son : Where are you going, mommy?
    Me : To workout
    Son: Why?
    Me: Because I need to
    Son: Why?
    Me: So I can get smaller
    Son : Why?
    Me : So I can play with you !
    Son : YEAH!!!

I went to the gym and did my workouts, then came back home to my son saying : Why are you not smaller, mommy?