weighing yourself every week?

Options
so i catch myself getting on my scale literally everyday i think it has became a habbit for me..i hate seeing the numbers go up and down..i put it away so i could stop doing that...when and how often do you guys step on the scale? should i be only doing it once a week or once every two weeks? what do you guys normally do...thx!

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i vary. i sometimes get too obsessed to not checking it at all. one week is a nice happy medium imo
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do once a week
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I was weighing everyday, but now I am just doing once a week. Even when I did weigh everyday, I only recorded it once a week. And even if you don't see the numbers on the scale move, you could be losing inches, which I think is better than pounds!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to weighing every morning. But the only one I get excited or anxious about is my Monday morning weekly weigh in. That's the one I log and the one I use to judge how things are going. My weight can vary by 2-4 lbs from one hour to the next, so I can't afford to get worked up over every fluctuation.
  • denacutrone
    Options
    once a week. every sunday morning i weigh in. once in a while i will weigh myself other times during the week
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I do once a week. I get too obsessed and stressed about it if I do it everyday. It's very normal for your weight to fluctuate throughout the day. It's the reason I don't use my Wii Fit as much as I used to... it shows you how much you weigh each time you check in. It was making me way to obsessed about every little change for the worse.
  • JMuzzy
    JMuzzy Posts: 63
    Options
    i sometimes weigh myself every day (can't help it!) but i try not to let the little ups and downs bother me and only "count" monday morning weigh-ins. if its TOM, i skip that week. hope this helps!! :D

jennie :flowerforyou:
  • pardus
    pardus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stepping on the scale every day, at the same time (ish), but I don't always check the readout (Got a Withings scale so it's being logged). Only registering new weight here once a week though.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself as much as you like.... just don't get upset at the higher numbers.... only take pride in the low ones. A low measurement in the morning can brighten and motivate for an entire day. Don't put too much stock into a measurement if it ends up a pound or two higher, it isn't a big deal.
  • skinnimini16
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning, but I'm starting to think that's a bad idea. my weight varies from day to day (water weight) so sometimes it gets me a bit depressed when i see the numbers higher than expected.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weekly is best. Always in the morning before you eat, same clothes (or lack thereof)
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem with the "weekly" philosophy is that 1 bad weekly measurement could screw you up mentally for your entire week... and possibly put the entire project in jeopardy... if you get depressed enough. I think a daily measurement that is a bit higher is less likely to destroy your confidence to the point that you quit.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I step on it everyday but only log it once a week.

Then say if I'm not happy with the number then I'll work my butt off before Friday (log day). And if I've had good numbers all week then not so good on Friday I'll know it's probably just a bad scale day and won't feel too down in the dumps!
  • care28
    care28 Posts: 28
    Options
    I usually end up weighing 3-4 times a week but only log successes. Thursdays are my "weigh-day" or my re-evaluation day. Weekends are sometimes hard for me (less routine) and Mondays are usually the day I can get myself back on track. Give me 4 days of being on track and I can feel pretty good about things. If Monday were my weigh day I'd almost always be discouraged and would likely give up pretty quickly.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    ♥ As you I have become SCALE OBSESSED!!!
    I was weighing in alomst everday and I just got to pissed off and depressed when the #'s went up and then back down. Now I'm weighing in every other week. Keeps me motivated and gives me something to look foward to.. I still have my weeks where i'm weighing once a day... I think it's just human nature when you someone starts a " Diet" We want the results right away.
    Good Luck!!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i weigh in every friday morning..dont step on the damn thing again till monday and i use that SOLELY as a guage to kick it up a notch (which i usually need to do since i love my wine) and then i step on it again wed, again, SOLEY as a guage and then do friday weigh in...it totally helps the mind set if you dont let the fluctuation get the better of your mind. i use it as a tool for my week. does that make sense?
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Tuesday morning for me. The only time I step on it midweek is if I know I've had a bad day (ie. the "Olive Garden" day) and I need a kick in the pants to recommit.
  • MoNiCaMaRieV
    MoNiCaMaRieV Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice... gonna TRY and go once every 2 weeks
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I get on it every day to keep myself motivated but only "weigh in" on MFP when I reach a new low. That weigh, I know where I'm at, I keep an optimistic perspective on it, and I'm always shooting for a new low on my way to my final GW. Works for me pretty well, psychologically.
  • CmGoode
    CmGoode Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, but every morning I find that I step on the scale. I feel as if it keeps me accountable to myself.