Saving calories for the evening.

Options
2»

Replies

• bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I don't think is matters a bit when you eat the calories. It's the total number, not when you eat them.

I usually spread them throughout the day fairly evenly, making sure to leave 2-300 for snacking at night. I tend to get very hungery late night. I keep at least 45 cal for a few almonds before I go to bed.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    well i think its fine well for me anyhow i eat till midnight if i have the caloreis to do it (not a bunch of junk) but i do eat cuz i am an evening eater ,metabolism is different for every person so what works for me may not work for others.i think its perfectly fine to save calories for dinner as long as it isnt everyday and you are eating something every 3 to 4 hrs.just my opinion :)
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 600 calories left for the evening (if not more). I thought that's unhealthy because you just sleep on the food you ate at night :\
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't think is matters a bit when you eat the calories. It's the total number, not when you eat them.

This is true. The reason you often hear the suggestion to eat more early in they day is so you're not starving. Many people try to avoid calories early, but then end up binging later because they're so hungry. If you're keeping track of your calories, it makes no real difference when you eat them. Experts even say that the whole "stop eating 3 hrs before bed" is only because most ppl have already eaten the calories they need at this time, not b/c you can't burn those calories once you hit the sack. Enjoy your calories!