what do you do at work??

Options
13»

Replies

• altak9
    altak9 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am semi retired, raising and homeschooling our 3 adopted boys. I quit smoking 3 years ago and that is where my weight gain came from.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a call center.healthy foods weren't allowed at desks. Only hard candy. Which on most cases we got away with any candy.
    I now work at a coffee shop where donuts and tim bits are readily available... Where as fruit and veggies are unheard of
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I`ll admit that work is boring and it seems like the only stuff to eat is crap, but I lost 17 lbs in a few months just by taking the time to make healthy meals. I somehow lowered my bodyfat by 3% from November but I`ll be the first to admit that my weight is entirely within my control and sometimes I just dont eat the best food.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Vending machines + desk job with low customer volume = weight gain... I work in a city office. tax time is busy time, but is also holiday season... other than that - lots of boring days.

That was then...

Now...
    Gum in the purse and granola or Fiber one bars, or yogurt in my drawer or in the refrigerator = healthier choices than vending machine = me losing weight! Oh, and still bored a lot at work...
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i worked a desk job for 8 years, and i swear every day of that 8 years at least one person brought in a cake and cookies, and we had clients that were always bringing dishes to us. I had a closing once at 6 in the morning (worked at a title company) and the lady who was selling the house brought in some kind of cheesy, egg and sausage casserole thing. It got sliced up right there at the closing table. The majority of the time most of us were too busy to take a lunch hour so we'd go to the kitchen, spend 3 minutes loading up a plate of whatever, and the rest of the day sitting at our desks grazing. Not to mention it was a high stress environment and there were 7 women (and one poor lonely guy lol) so everywhere you looked there was a bowl of chocolates- the quickest "stress reliever" was a handful of peanut M&M's as you were going down the hall. You'd be surprised the amount of work a person can get done even if you are munching all day.
  • kristidann
    Options
    I work two twenty hour shifts every weekend at a hospital laboratory. I basically hold down the fort until the weekday crew comes back in with one other co-worker. Work and patient care absolutely come first! However, I am at work now... I'm caught up for the moment, and my boss is pretty awesome so I have free liberty to do whatever in the "inbetween" times. There is always food around the hospital! I literaly came in to work yesterday evening to leftover pizza in the breakroom then a few hours later was invited to have chili at the nurses station break room with them. I politely declined. It's not always easy to say no; especially when everything is so freely accessable and looks much better than the "healthy" meal I brought with me. It's not their fault I'm on a diet! I take full responsibility for becoming who I am right now. I also don't advertise the fact that I am "dieting" so the offers keep coming... I just don't even want to think of this as a diet... it's a lifestyle change for me.
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    I work the midnight shift. Boss has a bowl of candy bars he constantly keeps filled. For 10 years I've emptied that damn thing around 2 or 3 AM when I get tired. 6 months ago I started eating right, 6 times a day, lean stuff. I haven't touched the candy bowl since. Lost 18 pounds along the way. I still drink coffee like a fish, but don't add sugar.