Food Diary

Options
Ok...so I've been loving keeping track of everything that I eat. The problem I often run into, and one of the reason i stopped doing Weight Watchers, is not knowing how many calories a certain meal has in it.

I went out to lunch with my husband today and a resturant and have no idea how many calories were in my meal. That SO overwhelms me. I know i probably ate more than I should have but I don't know HOW bad it was.

Where do I go from here? How can I continue tracking my calories for the rest of the day IF i don't know how many I've consumed?!?!?!

ugh!

Replies

• rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm afraid all you can do is try your best to estimate if you can't find any nutritional anywhere. Just do your best today and tomorrow will be a better day :flowerforyou:
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If it's a popular restaurant you may be able to find nutrition info online. Otherwise I normally browse through the MFP database and see if I can find anything similar and use that to estimate.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Dang. You gave up because you couldn't figure out how many calories a meal had? I'll tell you how many calories that meal had. Too much for your diet plan. Therefore, you tell the waiter or waitress to bring out a doggy bag, cut a fourth of everything out of all the food items, and put the majority of it in the doggy bag. Then, you sit back, relax, and enjoy what you have left on your plate.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Check out this site and don't give up. http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

Cut and paste. It has just about every restaurant in the country.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    BuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp!

rodneyderrick
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If I know I am going out to eat and it is a national chain I will look up the nutritional info online prior to going out and have my menu all planned so there aren't any surprises. Good thing too! Yesterday we went to Ruby Tuesdays. I thought the Turkey Burger would have been a good choice...WRONG. It would have used up almost my entire days worth of calories. Settled for the Creole Tilipia, baked potato plain, broccoli and salad bar with low fat dressing. Much better!
  • FitMomma0722
    FitMomma0722 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dang. You gave up because you couldn't figure out how many calories a meal had? I'll tell you how many calories that meal had. Too much for your diet plan. Therefore, you tell the waiter or waitress to bring out a doggy bag, cut a fourth of everything out of all the food items, and put the majority of it in the doggy bag. Then, you sit back, relax, and enjoy what you have left on your plate.

I didn't say I gave up...said it overwhelmed me. However, I did do what you sugguested. I could tell the portion was too much so when she sat it down I asked for a box. I put the majority of it in the container.

I'm just super anal, that's all. I like to following things to the T...I'm the measuring food type to make sure I'm accurate. I didn't quit...I went online and guessed got a good estimate of what I ate. I leaned more toward the high side to be on the safe side. Based on my calculations, I have 60 calories remaining. Just means I need to put in a GOOD workout tonight.
    If I know I am going out to eat and it is a national chain I will look up the nutritional info online prior to going out and have my menu all planned so there aren't any surprises

I typically do that as well...but it was a last minute decision and it's NOT a popular food chain.

Thanks PDS06 i will definitely use that site frequently.