We older folks over 60

Options
I'm new as of yesterday and will turn 65 on the 28th. Love all the postings at this website, both young and older. Everyone is very nice and helpful. I was just curious to see how many senior citizens there are here.

Replies

• dianebarrette
    Options
    I am now 65 years old and have been trying to lose 25 pounds for years. This is the problem: all the kids are gone, my husband and I work full time, I'm too tired to cook when I come home from work and my husband never knows what he wants to eat (he's diabetic). Therefore, we eat out a lot or I pick up subs on the way home so I don't have to cook. I try to buy healthy food but end up throwing much of it away because I get bored with it or just don't feel like cooking. I joined the gym but can't seem to get to it but once a week. Is anyone in this same boat?
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    dianebarrette...My problem is the not yours. LOL. I still have two teenagers at home so if I try to cook healthy they have fits. My husband would love to eat better. It is just the girls holding us back. But then, due to having kids at home we do not eat out much. Can't afford to.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Hi...I guess I am a senior citizen. I turned 60 on the 29th of Jan.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    VixFit2011...how are you doing? Please stay in touch.:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Good morning everyone. The week is now almost half way over. Actually, it is for me because I am taking Friday off. Also taking the following Monday. Very busy weekend planned. My two daugher's ballet recital on Saturday and an amusement park on Sunday.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone. I am hoping to attract more senior people in this thread. Please post how you are doing with your weight lose, exercising, healthy eating.

I am doing better and being consistant. Began Zumba Fitness on Monday. Burning a lot of calories and having so much fun.:happy:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Looks like I am the only one posting here. Ok, does anyone have any ideas for staying active as we age?