I'm so hungry!

Options
So I'm sitting here at work. It's 10AM and I'm so hungry I can't concentrate. This morning I've already had a bowl of Kashi with 1% milk (high fiber) and a simple harvest granola bar. I'm on my second cup of tea and my stomach is growling. Why!!! I don't want to eat my snack yet, b/c I'll be hungry before lunch if I do, I know I will. If I eat all the food I brought before the end of the day, I know I will end up at the snack machine b/c I'm hungry, it's just one of those days. And I couldn't even run last night b/c we went out for my grandmother's birthday :( My own organs are trying to sabatage me!

Oh, and I was up almost a full pound when I weighed in yesterday...so hungry!

Replies

• angelajiniel
    Options
    So I'm sitting here at work. It's 10AM and I'm so hungry I can't concentrate. This morning I've already had a bowl of Kashi with 1% milk (high fiber) and a simple harvest granola bar. I'm on my second cup of tea and my stomach is growling. Why!!! I don't want to eat my snack yet, b/c I'll be hungry before lunch if I do, I know I will. If I eat all the food I brought before the end of the day, I know I will end up at the snack machine b/c I'm hungry, it's just one of those days. And I couldn't even run last night b/c we went out for my grandmother's birthday :( My own organs are trying to sabatage me!

Oh, and I was up almost a full pound when I weighed in yesterday...so hungry!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    chug down a 16oz glass of water, sometimes when you think you are hungry it is really thirst and dehydration. i hope this helps, have a good day at work :flowerforyou:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a whole bunch of water. It could be that you are dehydrated (which can make you think you are hungry) and the tea isn't cutting it.
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking enough water? A lot of the time if i'm hungry at odd times my body's usually needing water.
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    I hate hungry days :grumble: - hope it gets better for you :flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    chug down a 16oz glass of water, sometimes when you think you are hungry it is really thirst and dehydration. i hope this helps, have a good day at work :flowerforyou:

My dr told me that when you have the hunger pain it is because you need water, so drink drink drink!
    Did you know that your body burns 8 calories trying to warm up ice cold water? I read that in a book somewhere. So drink lots of ice cold water!!!

Good luck to you
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Though it probably won't apply to most of you young things.....AFTER :grumble: my Doc changed my hormones she tells me that some of them can give you the munchies:angry: AND make losing weight harder:explode: , as well as mess with that all important libido(:tongue: )

The previous set had me CRAVING food and, even with working at watching my food weight stayed the same for 5 weeks....ackkkk Changed drugs and we are all happier, including hubby:wink: !

Moral of the story....if you're a member of the HRT club check with your doc if your struggling, if you're not there yet is this a regular occurrence? Like about once a month???:mad: Know it doesn't help but at least you know it will pass.
    Ez
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    Not on HRT, and I know that at certain times of the month I do get hungry...but this came out of the blue. I am going to be chugging water. Did eat Chinese last night, so I could be dehydrated.

Thanks everyone!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Try to get out and walk at your break or lunch. I find that mild exercise reduces my hunger, improves my mood, plus a little distance between you and the snack machine wouldn't hurt.

There is a store about half a mile from here and I walk there and get a diet soda it takes 15 -20 minutes and helps on days I'm struggling.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Sometimes you just have those moments or days. Just really try to have something that is really packed with healthy energy to fill that void when it happens. Almonds or nuts are great to help with those hunger pains.