What kind of Vitamins?

000angie000
000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I am watching my calories and stuff but I notice at the end of the day I am lacking majorly in the vitamin department. Any suggestions on what has benifited you guys? I went to the drugstore but was very overwhelmed!

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    A Multi, Calcium, B Complex and Omega 3.
  • a multi vitamin just to cover all the bases :smile:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    A Multi, Calcium, B Complex and Omega 3.

thats the same as i would do
  • I take a multivitamin, calcium w/ vitamin D (Oscal), an iron tablet and fish oil supplements for the omega 3.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    I take women's One-a-day, and those vitamin d gummies for adults. I know I'm low in vitamin D when I'm not outside regularly (as per blood test by my doctor).

To be super accurate, you might want to get a check up and some blood work to see what your body needs specifically.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    A lot of the foods in this app don't have accurate vitamin or mineral counts so I completely ignore them in this program and just take a daily multivitamin and just recently started taking a fish oil omega 3 pill daily now.
  • This is going to sound funny but I attended a 3 hour nutrition class today as a prereq for gastric bypass. The recommened dose and so that we don't have very expensive urine, take 1 twice daily and that goes for the children's whatever, as long as it states complete.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I am watching my calories and stuff but I notice at the end of the day I am lacking majorly in the vitamin department. Any suggestions on what has benifited you guys? I went to the drugstore but was very overwhelmed!

I take a multivitamin to cover my bases. Any of the big brands should have pretty decent quality control.

If you're concerned about Calcium, you may want a separate supplement for that and it should contain vitamin D.

I also take a Krill Oil supplement for Omega 3s.

Someone else already mentioned this, but MFP doesn't do a great job of tracking a lot of vitamins and trace minerals simply because they aren't required on food labels. This site has very thorough nutrition data if you're interested in getting better info on vitamin and mineral content ( I use this one for finding nutrition info on produce ): http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2725/2
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    This is going to sound funny but I attended a 3 hour nutrition class today as a prereq for gastric bypass. The recommened dose and so that we don't have very expensive urine, take 1 twice daily and that goes for the children's whatever, as long as it states complete.

I am confused. THe brand is twice daily or take a vitamin twice daily.... the childrens whatever? Srry :smile:
  • I take a B12 with breakfast, and a Green Tea and a Acai Supplement with Lunch and Dinner.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    I take a multi, 5000 IU vitamin D and a b12 daily. I was low on Vitamin d, had a blood test done, so i take extra of that now.
This discussion has been closed.