Sponge? Rag? Other?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I can understand why people think dish sponges are disgusting- but IMO, all of these can be disgusting LOL. When I see my kitchen brush after I've washed a dish it disgusts me completely. I also run my kitchen brushes in the dishwasher regularly.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    One of those stick things with the sponge scrubber at the end. But I have a yarn knitted washcloth as well for stuff that doesn't really reach or counters etc. More recently since moving though I actually get to use the dishwasher to wash my dishes now for the first time ever!!! :drinker:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use a slightly surly teenager

I'm with you. that's what they're there for! :laugh:
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use everything. HAHA...I'm picky so I have dishcloths, sponges, brushes etc. I only like to use what I prefer for particular dishes. I mean if it is a non stick pan, I can't very well scrub with certain things you know? And if it is a wine glass I prefer using a bottle brush ...and if it is a plate I prefer using a dish cloth. Idk, I'm just picky like that. Works for me though! I also like to have a ton of them so I can replace often. I also run everything in the dishwasher or put in bleach.

you and I sound exactly alike! I am very particular about what dishes I wash with which tools. I will not clean a nonstick pan unless its with a soft brush haha.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Microfiber dish cloth, nylon scrubber, and dish wand with replacable scrubber.

We also had a baby bottle brush, but tossed it this weekend after my husband scrubbed the dog's bowls with it.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i have some rags that i use for "regular" dishwashing, and some two sided sponges - soft side for nonstick stuff, rough side for stainless and stuck-on stuff. i have enough that i can throw them into the laundry when they're gross and i don't run out between laundry days.

oh, i also have a bottle brush for bottles, nipples, narrow glasses, and baby food jars. and that gets scrubbed down with non-toxic household cleaners almost every time i use it.