UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
It's the middle of summer in SOUTH TEXAS and I have my HEATER on because I work in an office full of men that think the a/c need to be set on ARTIC!!!!!! I am friggin FREEZING!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRR

Does anyone else have this problem in thier office???

Memaw:cry::sad: :angry:

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    It's the middle of summer in SOUTH TEXAS and I have my HEATER on because I work in an office full of men that think the a/c need to be set on ARTIC!!!!!! I am friggin FREEZING!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRR

Does anyone else have this problem in thier office???

Memaw:cry::sad: :angry:
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    YES!!!!

i think it is 60 degrees in here! i have on a wool sweater. it is august in texas and i am sooooo cold!:explode:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    :laugh: EVERY office has this problem!!! I'll send you some gloves, and some heavy socks! :tongue:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Oh YES!!! I am sitting here with a blanket!! I always freeze
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    The funny thing in my office, is I am the one who freezes the guys out!! But my window faces directly east and the sun really heats up my office - the other 2 offices don't get the heat like I do, but they get the air when I'm roasting!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Same here! Although I have a menapausal (sp?) woman I work with and I have a coat on right now and I bet she is over there sweating!...

I guess this is what I have to look forward to :grumble:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    it is like that at my job too! all the ladies come bundled up even in the summer. We even say that they ' set the thermostat on the Arctic Freeze Setting"
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Yup, We call summer "sweatshirt" season b/c the buildings are set so cold. Then you walk outside and it's well into the triple digits. I keep a sweater, a sweatshirt, and a jacket on the back of my office chair for summertime.:noway:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    When I was working in an office, we had the same problem. The men kept it frozen in there. It made sense though, they were always in long pants, and we were in dresses. But still, it was an issue every single day! I always had a sweater with me, even in the middle of summer.:huh:
  • Totally, I usually end up with numb fingers and have to take a break just to warm them up. Sometimes in the afternoons it gets toasty though. Most days I dress in layers b/c I like to walk at lunch. 60 inside and 85 outside=lots of layers!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I'm in North Texas and have the same damn problem as you. It's like a freakin' walkin cooler in my office. :mad:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    same here I have two heavy sweaters I keep at work for just this....I mean I do prefer the cold to the heat...but omg...its sleeveless weather people...I'm not happy about it either but it is! :grumble:

ya know what is funny...when I get cold my fingers get smaller and my ring keeps falling around because its too big...the second I get out into the real outdoor summer air...they reflate right up again...:huh:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    yes...i currently have the heater on right now and it's so nice outside. i sit right next to the window!
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    It's usually freezing in my office as well, but my coworker and I's office has its own thermostat! We got lucky, but when someone else walks in, they complain about it being hot. We like it toasty, no matter what time of year it is!
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Same here! Although I have a menapausal (sp?) woman I work with and I have a coat on right now and I bet she is over there sweating!...

I guess this is what I have to look forward to :grumble:
    [/quote

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yesssssssssssssss and it goes on and on and on and on ............:sad: ]
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    YES! And I can't even run a heater because it trips the circuits. :angry: I do have an electric blanket that I can put on my lap and stick my hands under to warm them up. It's stupid to have to wear a sweater when it's 80-90 degrees outside. When we moved to this building in March of this year, I was wearing a coat during the day before I brought my electric blanket. Not looking forward to the winter time. :angry: :grumble:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    same here I have two heavy sweaters I keep at work for just this....I mean I do prefer the cold to the heat...but omg...its sleeveless weather people...I'm not happy about it either but it is! :grumble:

ya know what is funny...when I get cold my fingers get smaller and my ring keeps falling around because its too big...the second I get out into the real outdoor summer air...they reflate right up again...:huh:

My fingers do the same!!

And I have the same problem in my office. I dress like it's fall even when we hit triple digits around here. I wear layers so I don't have a heat stroke walking to my car after work. However, I keep a fan in my cubicle for after workouts! :laugh: And after 5 - 10 minutes of that fan, I have to put my sweater I keep in the office on because I'm cold again.

Sheesh! :grumble:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Here is my problem our A/c was just fixed but not the thermostate so it's like it doesn't know when to stop so it's always an ice box that is why my space heater is ALWAYS on my feet on on me from the top of the desk lol

Well atleast we will burn calories trying to stay warm HA