Question re: Sodium

Options
2»

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a big deal. Gotta have it, but there are limits. It's been the thing that I struggle with the most since I started using the site. I seem to regularly go over, but it seems that how much I go over is diminishing for the most part. I'm a work in progress, and since I didn't screw myself up overnight, I don't expect to correct it all suddenly. I'm afraid if I were to make tremendous changes, it will doom me to failure. I've been watching what I eat much more closely now than at any other point in my life, and I want the good changes to stick.

Good luck on your journey, and if you need any help or have a question, just post it. Who knows? you may start a great debate! That happens here almost daily and it's loads of fun to watch!! :drinker:
  • alex063287
    alex063287 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sodium is very important but maybe you think it's not mention as much because there is a solution to getting rid of it. Even if you go over on sodium for the day you can always flush it out with water. For example, if you eat too many calories one day there is no solution that day for it. Another thing is that your body needs sodium. Think about it, when you work out your body sweats out salt. When I wasn't losing weight I paid close attention to my salt intake. Then when I started paying attention to that I was losing more weight.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's mentioned on here frequently. Especially in answers to questions by people who are seeing wild weight fluctuations.

There's even a lot of debate about the goal that MFP has as a default setting, as it's higher than the most recently published guidelines from health organizations.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Sodium is very important but maybe you think it's not mention as much because there is a solution to getting rid of it. Even if you go over on sodium for the day you can always flush it out with water. For example, if you eat too many calories one day there is no solution that day for it. Another thing is that your body needs sodium. Think about it, when you work out your body sweats out salt. When I wasn't losing weight I paid close attention to my salt intake. Then when I started paying attention to that I was losing more weight.

isnt the solution for too many calories working out more then??