Timex HRMs

Options
Hello,
I have a timex T5H881 and I'm pretty sure the calories are way off. Doing the 20 minute 30 day shred video calculates my calories burned at around 550-600 calories. I weight 182 and the average heart rate was around 155-160. I don't think it's right, however, the ebay seller only does exchanges so I'm wondering if any of you have a timex HRM that's accurate for calories burned.

I know it's not 100% but I don't want something going way over when the reason I bought something for a good amount of money was for accuracy and not estimates from the site.

Thank you,
Brittney

Replies

• scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a T5H911 and I think it's pretty good. When I do the cardio and abs half of the Power 90 which is 41 minutes, I get 750 - 850 calories burned in that time. I'm at a little over 240 lbs and I push myself hard during the workout.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    that seems high. i have t agree with you. i did it today and my HRM said 194 which i was sad about haha. my HR was about 140 to 160 and i'm in the 150s.

did it come with a chest strap?
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    Yes, it has a chest strap, I don't know why the numbers are so off.

My boyfriends in pretty decent shape, his heart rate was 140 and it was 300 calories burned for the video. And he's only like 140 pounds. That seems high too.

Which watch do you have?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred this morning...level 3 and I burn 227 calories. My weight is 144.8
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    I've gotten a lot of responses like that, thus my concern for it over estimating.

Do you have a timex watch?

I'm looking for ones that seem more accurate at least since the seller only has timex HRMs and I can only exchange it.
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I have a Timex T5G971 and it's been pretty accurate. I'm 126 and my heart rate gets up to 186. Not sure if that's normal or not but I end up burning well over 300 cals doing Turbo Fire HIIT 15 and Turbo Fire 30 minute class.

I've had no problems with the model I have.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you may just have to junk it and invest in a Polar. I bought a Timex last week from Best Buy and wound up returning it because it told me that for 30 min of walking on a treadmill at a 15% incline with a speed of 3 miles per hour I burned close to 600 calories.. uh right.. I wish!