Is this disgusting to you?

Options
anewattitude
anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
Please help me settle this bet with my mother! She is the queen of strange food choices but tonight I think she has hit her all time high on the weirdness odometer. I'm not sure if old age thinking has kicked in early or if she is secretly preparing to be a contestant on Man Vs. Food but she made the most disgusting sandwich, in my opinion. I didn't try it but I told her I was going to post her conconction here and see who else thought this was gross. She made a sandwich that consisted of white bread, shredded cheese, green onion ,olives and mayo. In your opinion is this a yay or a nay?

Also.... what was the strangest thing you have ever made?

Replies

• heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yum.....:-)
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat it but I don't necessarily think it sounds gross.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Oh no. It's gross.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I have eaten much stranger in my day. :laugh:

Hmmm...one that's coming to mind is a hotdog and cream cheese in a tortilla. If my sodium allowed it, I would totally eat it right now. haha
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You lost me at white bread but don't think it is disgusting. But i would not eat it lol
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with that. At least it's food. Hell, I've seen shows of people eating dirt or couch cushions.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with that. At least it's food. Hell, I've seen shows of people eating dirt or couch cushions.

Toilet paper!
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's not that bad...actually you can get all those things at subway. I mean, sure there could be more to it. Uhhh the grosses thing I have ever eatin...well it wasn't nasty to me but when I tell people they are digusted....escargot. =]
  • anewattitude
    Options
    [/quote

I suppose that is true. It could be worse! Looks like I am losing this bet! lol
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    No. It's gross.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would have done whole wheat. But i always eat the veggie from subway with just whole wheat bread, cheese, lettuce, black olives, onion, spinach, cucumber, black pepper, vinegar and mustard. This is so tasty and I love them. Maybe you should give your moms sandwich a try and see what you think.
  • NicoleSliwinski
    Options
    Well, it doesn't sound healthy...but it sounds kinda delish ;) my absolute fave sandwich is peanut butter & dill pickle. I know, I know, sounds ridiculous... but its amazing. Salty and sweet, YUM.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am not into white bread - and I honestly don't et mayo- but no it does not sound disgusting at all
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I would taste it out of curiosity, but I don't think it sounds gross. This chick I work with eats mayo and banana sandwiches. THAT sounds absolutely disgusting, but apparently it's a thing?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I don't like olives, but if I did i don't think that would be gross.

What i just ate sounds gross, but it's delicious! A sundried tomato and basil tortilla warmed with ricotta cheese, 1/2 a tb of honey, and blackberries. Sometimes I top it with walnuts. It sounds gross to type it, but it's so yummy!
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    Please help me settle this bet with my mother! She is the queen of strange food choices but tonight I think she has hit her all time high on the weirdness odometer. I'm not sure if old age thinking has kicked in early or if she is secretly preparing to be a contestant on Man Vs. Food but she made the most disgusting sandwich, in my opinion. I didn't try it but I told her I was going to post her conconction here and see who else thought this was gross. She made a sandwich that consisted of white bread, shredded cheese, green onion ,olives and mayo. In your opinion is this a yay or a nay?

Also.... what was the strangest thing you have ever made?
    before i started my diet i ate a lot of peanut butter and bologna sandwiches i LOVE it but most ppl find it gross...
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well, it doesn't sound healthy...but it sounds kinda delish ;) my absolute fave sandwich is peanut butter & dill pickle. I know, I know, sounds ridiculous... but its amazing. Salty and sweet, YUM.

PB and pickles is awesome!!! Dill relish works in a pinch. Think the strangest thing I like to eat, is in fact the only way I will eat Fritos: you take two of the softest slices of white bread you can find, and on one slice you put french's yellow mustard, then top it with a layer of fritos, then place the other slice on top, then you smash it as flat as you can possibly get it. I don't know why, but the smashing part is really important. It is sooooo good :happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for something gross and exciting but that sounds pretty tame to me. I would eat that right now - I had a 3 hour hike today... :drinker:
  • anewattitude
    Options
    I would have done whole wheat. But i always eat the veggie from subway with just whole wheat bread, cheese, lettuce, black olives, onion, spinach, cucumber, black pepper, vinegar and mustard. This is so tasty and I love them. Maybe you should give your moms sandwich a try and see what you think.

I'll admit I did not try it and likely won't because I do not like olives. I am bad though for not being more adventurous when it comes to trying new foods but I am getting a little better :)
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    omg thats nothing compared to he things you hear now a day.... people eat nails, paper, baby powder, comet! .... but as far as food, the weirdest thing i ever ate when i was little was cheettos with yogurt, kinda like a different take on french fries with ice cream .... speaking of ice cream..... i work at a restaurant, and i once had someone ask me to put anchovies on top of their vanilla ice cream for dessert. ... now thats odd.!