SUGAR SHOCK!!!!

Options
dls06
dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
I just realized yesterday that I didn't have sugar log in my food. I found it and added it.
Big Mistake!

found everything that has a carb has sugar.
Processed foods- Sugar
Fruit-Sugar
Vegetables- Sugar / Yes even celery
Whole Grains- Sugar
Dairy- Sugar

Meat-No Sugar
Black Coffee- No Sugar
Cigarettes- No Sugar

No wonder models are all skinny. I think I just found my new diet!
What's the saying, " Die young and leave a good corps! LOL

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options

Black Coffee- No Sugar
    Cigarettes- No Sugar

Black coffee and smokes it is! I'll change my food diary to two brackets...Cigarettes inhaled and Black Coffee consumed. Like water, I will strive for 8 each. ;)
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options

Black Coffee- No Sugar
    Cigarettes- No Sugar

Black coffee and smokes it is! I'll change my food diary to two brackets...Cigarettes inhaled and Black Coffee consumed. Like water, I will strive for 8 each. ;)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Damn....
    I wish i could take up smoking again!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday. I added the "Sugar" column to my diary. It was a rude awakening, to say the least. But, knowledge is power, right? Now that we know, we can be more aware.
  • dls06
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday. I added the "Sugar" column to my diary. It was a rude awakening, to say the least. But, knowledge is power, right? Now that we know, we can be more aware.

No I think I'm going to delete it and just pretend it never happened! lol
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I just realized yesterday that I didn't have sugar log in my food. I found it and added it.
    Big Mistake!

Processed foods- Sugar
    Fruit-Sugar
    Whole Grains- Sugar
    Dairy- Sugar

Meat-No Sugar
    Black Coffee- No Sugar
    Cigarettes- No Sugar

Actually all those sugars are good for you. It's the added sugars you have to worry about. Models might be skinny but the majority of them are very, very unhealthy (and they are "skinny fat" - all body fat and no muscle mass). Sugars are pure carbs. In fact the Carb number you see on nutrition labels is Total Carbs and the Fiber and Sugar numbers are part of that Total Carb number. As long as sugar (or some scentific name for sugar) isn't in the ingredients then there is no added sugars. (But even natural sugars - like fruit - can be problematic if you eat too much - can cause weight gain). You should track it. If you consume a large amounts of sugar your body will shut down its fat burning until it burns off those sugars.

I subtract the natural sugars from the added sugars and strive to keep added sugars around 15mg-25mg. Can be very hard to do when you are a sugar addict.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Black Coffee- No Sugar
    Cigarettes- No Sugar

Hey that's my weekend breakfast!!!!!!
  • dls06
    Options
    Big Mistake!

Processed foods- Sugar
    Fruit-Sugar
    Whole Grains- Sugar
    Dairy- Sugar

Meat-No Sugar
    Black Coffee- No Sugar
    Cigarettes- No Sugar

Actually all those sugars are good for you. It's the added sugars you have to worry about. Models might be skinny but the majority of them are very, very unhealthy. Sugars are pure carbs. In fact the Carb number you see on nutrition labels is Total Carbs and the Fiber and Sugar numbers are part of that Total Carb number. As long as sugar (or some scentific name for sugar) isn't in the ingredients then there is no added sugars. (But even natural sugars - like fruit - can be problematic if you eat too much - can cause weight gain). You should track it. If you consume a large amounts of sugar your body will shut down its fat burning until it burns off those sugars.

I subtract the natural sugars from the added sugars and strive to keep added sugars around 15mg-25mg. Can be very hard to do when you are a sugar addict.

One apple and one orange your over.