How can you NOT feel better

Options
I have known a couple of people who lost a LOT of weight - over a hundred pounds yet they say the they do not feel any different. I just don't know how that can be. Is there just a different definition of the word "feel"? I have lost 40 pounds and I feel SO much better.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Because there real issue is not weight.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Yeah of course that makes sense.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I agree. As psych nurse I see many patients who have had the bypass surgery. They lost weight but the underlying disease is still there so many times they either substitute another addiction or gain back the weight and add other addiction.

I feel better with just what I have lost so far!
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I worked with a woman before who was very slender, and actually looked underweight to most of us coworkers. She was constantly dieting, and even went so far as to have that new lipo done where they basically ultrasound to break down the tissue and then drain it.

She was a very nice woman, and I got along with her well, but a lot of us felt that she had an underlying body image issue that drastically needed addressed. She was slender, and had to be in a healthy BMI range (I never asked because, well, that's rude), but was still obsessed with losing more weight. Kind of sad really.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I worked with a woman before who was very slender, and actually looked underweight to most of us coworkers.

i look at peoples pictures on here , and sometimes I think just that
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with PP. Losing the weight might feel better physically, but mentally not so much. There is still emotional pain that needs to be addressed.

I know that when I originally lost 82 pounds, I felt amazing! Inside and out. But there are still things I need to work on emotionally. It shows since I gained most of my weight back.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I worked with a woman before who was very slender, and actually looked underweight to most of us coworkers. She was constantly dieting, and even went so far as to have that new lipo done where they basically ultrasound to break down the tissue and then drain it.

She was a very nice woman, and I got along with her well, but a lot of us felt that she had an underlying body image issue that drastically needed addressed. She was slender, and had to be in a healthy BMI range (I never asked because, well, that's rude), but was still obsessed with losing more weight. Kind of sad really.

Do you find it sad that a doctor would allow her to have that lipo done when she obviously didn't need it?
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Do you find it sad that a doctor would allow her to have that lipo done when she obviously didn't need it?
    I find it sad that there is a market for it at all.