My early morning high.........

alison2429
alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
edited September 26 in Success Stories
Hi everyone
Whilst I was out running at 8am this morning I was thinking about all my MFPers. It's strange that the fact that I am logging everything on here makes me think twice about what I eat and makes me want to exercise more. I also can't wait to get back after a workout to 'log and share'.
Well this morning I started out early to try to avoid the heat - but it was still very warm. I was planning on doing a 7 miler and had 'mapped my run' last night - another way of making sure I actually do it!
I started with a walk to warm up and then started running ....................and running................and running.............I ran for 2.5 miles without stopping! Now that may not seem like very much to you guys but it is brill for me.
I got to the point where I would normally take the road home and thought - actually I could add on an extra loop here. Just as I was weighing up the pros and cons a song came on my ipod " Scandalous" by Mystique - remember that one?? The old ones are the best. Needless to say I did continue past this turning to do the extra loop - then I remembered the killer of a hill on this route. Anyway I kept my HR up by walking up the hill and then of course had an amazing run down the other side!
The synopsis of this story is that yeah it was really hot, but I ran for a good length of time and had it all finished and was in the shower by 9.30am. Don't those showers always feel like the best ones in the world?

I don't normally share running highs with you guys but I had such a great one today despite the heat. Hope you don't mind!

Hope you are all rocking today and that the sun is shining where you are too.

All the best

Alison

x

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    That's great, I would be sooooo proud.
    I can't even run to the bathroom.
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Awesome!!
    I am working on being able to run that far :blushing:
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Great job!! Way to push yourself!!!!!
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    That is awesome!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    I can so ABSOLUTELY relate to this. This morning, got up just before 6 am. Looked outside, raining, cold, windy but I said to myself, so what. Managed to do my 10 k (around 6.25 miles) without stopping in good time, in spite of my legs and body sometimes saying: Enough already. Even did the last hill just before home at a slow jog. Runner's high indeed. Cool to see others feel the same. LIfe is good.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    I can so ABSOLUTELY relate to this. This morning, got up just before 6 am. Looked outside, raining, cold, windy but I said to myself, so what. Managed to do my 10 k (around 6.25 miles) without stopping in good time, in spite of my legs and body sometimes saying: Enough already. Even did the last hill just before home at a slow jog. Runner's high indeed. Cool to see others feel the same. LIfe is good.

You are in a different league! To be able to run 10k without stopping is incredible. Especially that darn hill.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    I am a trail runner who takes my dogs to run with me by a beautiful river three times a week. It is wonderful. But today I needed to get in a fourth run to finish the Online Biathlon here at MFP but I did not have the time to drive to a trail, so I just did a short road run out the door. I guess that is what most people do anyway, but for me it was a very different experience. I met a lot of dogs in the area (I live in a rural area with lots of loose dogs.) Today I allowed myself to run at a leisurely pace so instead of getting stressed with the dogs I just stopped and talked to them - that surprised them! By the midpoint of my run I was experiencing some runners high and decided that I love my life. I don't always feel that way, but today I ruminated about all the good things in my life as I jogged. I got home an hour ago and have been on MFP since. It's nice to have friends around the world!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    That is awesome!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    I had a great run this am, too. I usually run by myself or with my DD2 in a jogging stroller. DH is starting to get back into shape after seeing my success since Jan/Feb when I started exercising again.
    Anyway, this am we took both daughters out running in the double jogging stroller. DH pushed and we ran two miles together. I dropped them off at the park, and then I ran two more miles by myself. I joined them at the park for a play.... then we walked home together. It was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!