Wonder if it will be difficult to adjust calories

Options
When I reach my goal wait and just want to maintain then I guess I will need to eliminate my calorie deficit. I wonder what it will be like to eat that much again. I'm gonna feel like a pig. :smile:

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You'll do it gradually. :smile: You'll change your goals from 2 pounds a week to 1.5, then 1, then a half pound a week. After that, there'll only be 250 calories difference to adjust to maintenance. Plus, by then, your maintenance will be less than it is now.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You really won't--and it may be less than the site suggests (or more!) You'll simply get to enjoy a couple of snacks at best.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was playing with the BMR calculator today. At my goal weight (which is still about 20 lbs over the top end of my healthy BMI, but it's what I think is healthy for me), if I cut the same amount of cals out every day I am now to lose 2lbs per week, I'd be netting under 600 cals per day. I know as you get closer to your goal, you have to slow down your weight loss to continue to do it in a healthy manner, so I agree, it's a gradual step down.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Oh - yeah - well I was kinda hoping it would feel like I was being a pig. Just joking - that makes sense. I have a long way to go but it's nice to think about :smile:
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly close to my goal weight, so I'm only set to lose half a pound a week. And then I manually added fifty calories, because I find I lose weight much faster when I eat more (weird, no?). I guess when I get within a pound or two, I'll add on another fifty calories, then another after a week or two, until I hit maintenance.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    agreed - take it in baby steps so that you maintain control. As your body weight comes down you should be adjusting your goals (even if MFP doesn't remind you to) since your BMR and daily needs will slowly come down over time. Congratulations on your continued success!