Hello I'm new to the site

Options
I've been on MFP for a week now and it has helped me realize how much and what I do and don't eat. When you journal, it is in your face daily how many calories you are really consuming. I'm hoping this site will give me that extra push to stay consistent with exercising along with healthy eating.:smile:

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! If you need a friend, feel free to add me!
  • AngieR45
    AngieR45 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks!
  • andreabjarnson
    Options
    this site has sooooo much support. i am on day 10 now and have lost 2 pounds because of the wonderfull friends i have met here on MFP. good luck to you and add me as a friend if you want:happy:
  • turtleskye
    Options
    Hi, i also am fairly new to this site. I really feel inspired by the support i have on here,its great. This is my 12th day and i have lost 4 lbs! good luck
  • lorlyn
    lorlyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new, too. Joined in March at the suggestion of my trainer at the gym but haven't been actively tracking. I haven't been losing, either, so I think it's time to get down to business.
    My goal is to lose 25-30 pounds but my mini goal is to lose 5 pounds before my daughter's graduation from college on May 20. I realized today I can procrastinate no longer so I start tracking everything starting today.

Do you all track on a smart phone or computer? Or do you write it down elsewhere and then transfer to MFP?
  • AngieR45
    Options
    MFP does seem to be a great support system. I have lost 1 pound in the week I have been on here and have been exercising.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good for you! I LOVE this place -- very supportive, encouraging and positive. Good luck to you!:smile:
  • AngieR45
    Options
    I don't have a smart phone. I have been writing it down or going straight to the computer and inputting.
  • turtleskye
    Options
    I personally only track on the computer. The first day i didnt log anything i just wrote it down and didnt restrict myself or exercise. WoW i saw a huge difference when i actually started walking and watching my calories.I am so excited to hopefully not have one more miserable over weight summer.