what's your favorite holiday and why?

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
hubby's is easter. he loves it for the religious implications.

mine is thanksgiving. any excuse to help people be grateful is good in my book. :)

the kids' is the fourth of july (ha! you thought i was going to say christmas, didn't you?). they love the history behind the birth of america as a nation.

you?

Replies

• SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    #1 Christmas, celebrating the best gift to the world, the savior Jesus. Also the tree, giving presents to my kids, food, it's all good! Then Easter celebrating victory over sin and death through Christs resurrection! I've been using this Easter to really focus on that and am coming away with a lot more than other times I've taken it for granted.

Non religious holiday...4th of July. It's the only holiday my entire family still gets together for. Food!!!!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Christmas time because it's just a long month of pure happiness, giving, and family gathering. Then Valentine's Day...idk why I like it so much, I rarely have someone "special" on that day, but I just love the idea of a day about love, not just romantic love but friendship etc....
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Halloween costumes and candy theft
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Fourth of July all the way!! The one day of the year when 'infernal devices' become legal, yippee!!!