Movie Theatre Popcorn

Options
Oh mannnnnnn,

I went to see a movie last night and managed to polish off an entire large bucket of popcorn to myself. I had originally planned to share it, but my friend decided she wasn't hungry after all. Instead of stopping myself, i just ate and ate and ate. It tasted soooo good. You can imagine my mortification when i entered it into my food diary and it came up 1680 CALORIES!!!!! OH MY GOD. That is more than i'm supposed to have in an entire day!!!!!

I feel so crummy.
:sad:
Why don't they make popcorn that's not as bad for you at theatres???

Replies

• stizzef
    stizzef Posts: 39
    Options
    Oh mannnnnnn,

I went to see a movie last night and managed to polish off an entire large bucket of popcorn to myself. I had originally planned to share it, but my friend decided she wasn't hungry after all. Instead of stopping myself, i just ate and ate and ate. It tasted soooo good. You can imagine my mortification when i entered it into my food diary and it came up 1680 CALORIES!!!!! OH MY GOD. That is more than i'm supposed to have in an entire day!!!!!

I feel so crummy.
    :sad:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Because it would taste like cardboard! :laugh:

Shake it off, girl. Enjoy the memories of the movie and the popcorn and exercise extra hard this week. :smile:
  • ginnie
    ginnie Posts: 44
    Options
    don't feel bad i overate last night, and went over 200 calories:frown:

but to day is a new day:glasses:
  • Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    Options
    I could so see myself doing the same thing. I didnt realize it was so many calories... thanks to you I may think twice the next movie visit. Today is a new day!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    OMG I would have done the same thing:laugh: :laugh: It's just so darn gooood isnt it? Just start over again today & maybe add a little extra workout the next few days (or not).

I feel you.....once I taste it ...I loose control unless it's measured out first (usually hahahaha):heart:
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is the worse. I can easily sit down and eat a whole bucket. In fact I am sure I have once or twice. I was also bad last night - cheese balls. OH they were so yummy. The girls and I sat down to watch Camp Rock and before I knew it the bucket was gone. You sit there a minute thinking humm where did they all go. But can't beat myself up over it - just need to get in a good hard workout today and bounce back.