Question for those who have met their goal weight

Options
I'm about 5 lbs away from my goal weight. I am hoping to hit it by Memorial Day weekend. What frightens me is maintaining the weight. When you hit your goal, does MFP automatically tell you how many more cals to eat? Do I need to research a plan before I reach my goal weight? What have you done to maintain?

Replies

• cfer843625
    Options
    bump
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Well first, congratulation on your impending success. You can set your watchamacallit for maintenance.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • doppe2
    doppe2 Posts: 3
    Options
    When you hit you goal weight go under settings and change you diet profile to mantain your weight. That should do it.:smile:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5 lbs away from my goal weight. I am hoping to hit it by Memorial Day weekend. What frightens me is maintaining the weight. When you hit your goal, does MFP automatically tell you how many more cals to eat? Do I need to research a plan before I reach my goal weight? What have you done to maintain?

When you get there, change your goals in MFP to maintenance, rather than to lose a pound or whatever you've got it set at right now. MFP will give you an adjusted daily goal. The biggest thing for maintenance for me has been drinking plenty of water and not getting greedy with the extra calories. I still have to eat clean (and need to improve on that) in order to maintain my goal. One piece of advice I'll give you though is don't fixate on one number. Weight fluctuates for ALL of us on a daily basis and you will drive yourself insane. So, rather than focusing on my goal as 165 lbs, my target range is 163-167. As long as I am in that range, I'm happy.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just change your goal to maintain and it will change your totals. I went up slowly so I wouldn't shock my system.