a favor for a coworker if possible please.

Options
keljo05
keljo05 Posts: 173
My coworker, Robin, and i have worked together for 8 years.

her husband just went thru colon cancer treatments and surgeries and is currently clear.... their daughter graduates college in 3 weeks before going on to chiropractic college. Their 18 year old son is currently in his first year of college and is in a popular local band.

last night they were all at a local gig for her son. aT 11:30pm last night she wasn't feeling well and went outside.. started throwing up and then became unconcious.

she's had a massive stroke and underwent emergency brain surgery last night. she can't have ANY touch, or sound or any stimulation for 72 hours. She's currently in a medically induced coma. The situation was complicated with a congenital spider web of veins that they didn't ever know about. Her condition is very serious... but so was my husbands and I refuse to voice the words that are possible.. until it happens. She's strong... she has a strong spirit... she can do this.

prayers and good thoughts gave my husband his miracle.. and we are praying for the same thing for her. She's 48yrs old.

I went to the hospital briefly to see them. I know that I wasn't up to entertaining or having to think about talking to anyone when I went thru the CCU experience...so I didn't stay long.

please send any kind of prayers, good thoughts... or whatever.

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Definitely will add her to my Prayers. Hugs for you, too!!:heart:
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    That is terrible!! I will keep Robin and her family in my prays. And you also.
  • tinkerkelle7
    Options
    I'll pray for your friend, her family, and you. I'm very sorry to hear about this. :(
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this and have prayed for her.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    My prayers are with you and them. We nearly lost my husband almost 7 years ago to a massive stroke, only his was surgically induced. I have been there and back with him, medically induced comas,multiple brain surgeries, etc. If you want someone to chat with, please feel free to message me and/or friend me.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Adding her and her family to my prayers! **Hugs** for you :heart:
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Extending my thoughts and prayers for Robin and her family today... may she make a full recovery soon!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I will pray for her and her family, along for you.

Lynn
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Will pray for her and her family
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    prayers ascending +
  • Ggriv77
    Ggriv77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... sending good thoughts, vibes & prayers to everyone affected by this!
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My heart and thoughts are with all concerned. Many of us have been there... Two years ago I saw my Mom on her death bed and if you asked me if God should take her I would have said, "Please." Just spent a second passover with her two years later and she's doing great.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. May abundant healing be sent her way.
  • rv88
    rv88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My prayers are out there for here... I pray she get through this and hope all becomes well soon!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Please know of my extending thoughts and prayers for Robin and her family! Prayers for God's healing hand to reach out and touch all of your lives!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Miracles happen every day........Prayers to your friend. ((hugs))
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    prayers flying at warp speed......with much love and hope.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Prayers heading your way. It sure makes a person realize how precious life is.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I will absolutely pray for her, her family and you. (((hugs))) Please keep us posted.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    definately praying