Disappointed, even though I realize..

Options
2»

Replies

• mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!! After a quick look at your diary, I see that sometimes lunch might be a Luna bar and that on one occassion you skipped dinner. Try not to that, it is best to eat every 2 -- 3 hours. Are you exercising? Sometimes we just need to shake things up a bit, hang in there, we all know how you feel.... :smile:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - I got frustrated after a few weeks too but decided to keep going and see what happened. I've been at this for over three months now and I've noticed definate patterns in my weight loss - I lose for a few weeks, then go up or stay the same for a week or two, then go down again. Now I can see the pattern I dont get so bothered by it.
    So, keep up the good work, don't resort to starving yourself, and you'll get there!

I agree -- just keep at it, and the weight will come off eventually. Week to week, you may stay the same, or even gain (like I did last week), just focus on the long-term goal and your weight trend.

After a while, you will learn what your body's pattern is, and won't be bothered as much by the scale. My body plateaus every 9 pounds or so (frustrating ! Why not 10?!?) I'll then go through a quick phase of gaining and losing the same pound back and forth until my body FINALLY decides that it can give up that pound -- then the scale starts to move pretty steadily.

Just be prepared that you're not always going to have weeks that you lose -- be ready for those moments and decide to stick to it. We're here for you!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yes, do not give up!!! You can do this. Try to think of food as fuel and not as pleasure. Keep thinking fuel. Fuel up every 2-3 hours to keep from getting hungry.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - I got frustrated after a few weeks too but decided to keep going and see what happened. I've been at this for over three months now and I've noticed definate patterns in my weight loss - I lose for a few weeks, then go up or stay the same for a week or two, then go down again. Now I can see the pattern I dont get so bothered by it.
    So, keep up the good work, don't resort to starving yourself, and you'll get there!

I agree -- just keep at it, and the weight will come off eventually. Week to week, you may stay the same, or even gain (like I did last week), just focus on the long-term goal and your weight trend.

After a while, you will learn what your body's pattern is, and won't be bothered as much by the scale. My body plateaus every 9 pounds or so (frustrating ! Why not 10?!?) I'll then go through a quick phase of gaining and losing the same pound back and forth until my body FINALLY decides that it can give up that pound -- then the scale starts to move pretty steadily.

Just be prepared that you're not always going to have weeks that you lose -- be ready for those moments and decide to stick to it. We're here for you!

Seems like this is similar to my pattern as well. The longer you stick with it, the more you get to know what works for your body.