New Around Here

Options
Hi, I just wanted to say I'm new around here. Hoping to make friends while losing weight. I've never really had a weight problem most of my life but it seems like I've gained a pound or two for every year I've been married and suddenly at 56 years old and 36 years married -- I'm overweight. I knew I had to shed some pounds but didn't do anything until about 3 months ago. I started exercising. I also started watching Dr. Oz and have been trying to eat better. I've switched to fresh fruit for snacks, cut out all soft drinks gradually and now I just drink water, hot tea(no sugar) and some skim milk with supper. I've been switching my family over to whole grain pastas, brown rice instead of white and much smaller portions of everything. I've also started using agave nectar as a sweetener instead of sugar.

I have managed to drop 9 1/2 pounds in around 3 months but still have another 30 or more to go. I'm hoping to keep motivated and keep the weight off!

Carol, Chattanooga, TN.

Replies

• Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! You can ad me as a friend if you wish. I LOVE my friends here. They really are good people. The best of luck to you!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    welcome! read some of the posts and get a good idea of what you need to do to reach your goals!

Good LUCK! :):)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to a great site!! good luck to you!!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    add me if you need a few more friends- i am 57 and need to loose about 40 more pounds- so know how youi feel- good luck - we can do this
  • ema21043
    ema21043 Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Family, it is a great bunch with tons of helpful advice and motivation. Good luck on your journey.
  • Dixiechick1978
    Options
    Hi there! I too am from Chattanooga, TN. Looking to add friends!!!! Lets help eachother!!!