Any Tips?

Options
Im new to this. I work full time and I go to school full time. My day usually consists of 14 hours outside the house. (from 6:30AM-11:30PM) Does anyone have any tips to help me lose weight? Its very difficult to keep it up on the go.

Replies

• Sarah_lloyd
    Options
    Im new to this. I work full time and I go to school full time. My day usually consists of 14 hours outside the house. (from 6:30AM-11:30PM) Does anyone have any tips to help me lose weight? Its very difficult to keep it up on the go.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Sarah_lloyd!

Use the food dairy at this site and keep your daily calorie intake to what this site recommends for you in order to reach your goals...plan and pack your meals to take with you accordingly...its a bit of extra work for someone always on the go but well worth it...you'll feel so healthy and save money.

Take exercise courses at your school...use the school gym if available...work out to DVDs at home...dance or practice a little yoga when you need a short study break.

Best to you,
    Fat Dancer
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I used to be. And it is possible, you just need to be fairly consistent and motivated. I followed the LA weightloss plan while I was in school and working and I lost a lot of weight without exercising (I simply didn't have time to). It's a diet that is simply balancing what you eat. I would eat two servings of protein, two servings of carbohydrates/starches, 1 fat serving, 3 of each:vegetable and fruit servings, and 1 dairy serving each day. I cut back the amount of soda I was drinking and started to drink lots of water instead. I ended up losing 40 pounds within like 8 months. It was WONDERFUL! Then I finished school, got married, and then got lazy. I wasn't strict and fell back to over-eating habits. So, now I'm just counting calories and I've started working out 4-5 times a week (which I know isn't possible for someone like you who is constantly busy with school AND work). But, if you can balance what you eat and make sure to get fruit and vegetables into your diet, I'm sure you can acheive the results you are looking for. :bigsmile: You just need to find someway to motivate yourself into sticking to a plan!! I wish you the best of luck and if there's anything I can assist you with, let me know.

*kistinbee*
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    welcome Sarah-
    Plan your meals ahead of time. Get yourself a quality lunch box that you can pack your meals and take with you. (Do you have access to a microwave.) When you have a small break, try taking a brisk walk. Go online and look up Jillian from biggest loser. She has tips for exercising in the work place.
    Good luck to you,:flowerforyou:
  • Sarah_lloyd
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it! My dad died last year of a heart attack because he was over weight and im trying not to follow in his footstep.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad. Just think positive, and you can do it. And remember we are all here for you.
  • lovelygirls
    Options
    It must be hard to have such a full day and be tring to change your eating habits but one thing I do when I am really busy is make a slightly larger dinner and divide my portion in half and take half to work the next day or I put the other half in the freezer for another day. This really only works if you have a microwave at work of course. I also find having a stock of things in my desk at work helps, like a box of crisp breads and some healthy tinned soup and I usually have some museli at work too in case I don't have time to eat before I leave the house.

Good luck and don't work too hard!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,
    I wish I had some tips for you. I also had those hours when I worked and went to school full time. I don't know how I did it, but I got through! I got up at 5 or 5:30 sometimes to walk with a friend who also had to be up early, or I worked out to a video tape. Getting any exercise really helped me get through that year or two. As far as eating, I can tell you what NOT to do! My last semester when finals were coming, I ate out almost every meal for three weeks and I'm not talking the best choices either! I was so grossed out! I was glad to go home and get a home cooked meal! If you have to eat out, make wise choices and get fruit for snacks. Eating healthy will benefit you with such a tough schedule. Do what you can as far as exercise goes. That's tough to fit in with such a full day. We're here to support you! Best of luck!
    Melissa
  • Counting50
    Options
    I've just joined too and found out some interesting things from my very wise 17-yr old daughter - our personalities rebel at the word diet! Instead we go by a daily calorie goal (which this site is great for). Using this site you can develop a list of foods you like and that can fit in your daily goal plus work for your lifestyle. I'm on the go too like you and I keep things like instant oatmeal, Zone bars and bags of vegetables on hand. At home I cook up a big batch of chicken breasts and salmon filets and freeze them individually and cook up a pot of brown rice. With a bag of fresh veges or coleslaw a bit of the rice and the sliced up chicken you can make a very quick stir fry. I hope you have time to use this site - it is the best I've seen.