First half marathon

Options
I ran my first half marathon today 13.1 miles. The wind was blowing 20 mph and it was 80 degrees out. I completed it at a 9:56 pace. I was hoping for better but considering the conditions I am happy. Just think 9 months ago I was 70 pounds over weight and 7 months ago the best I could do was a 1.5 miles and I would run 30 seconds and then walk 5 minutes to recover.

Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Great time, too!! I ran a 10k recently...and now I keep hearing these half marathon voices in my head. :laugh: I would love to do it one day. Isn't it a great feeling to see how far you've come??!! WTG!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • WildflowerAL
    WildflowerAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Wow a half marathon and you're talking about times... To me that sounds like someone flying to the moon then trying to justify how long it took! :D

I am truly impressed by the fact that you've completed it, you should be proud of yourself! :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • akascotty2hotty
    Options
    Awesome! You sound like you have the running bug now...so when is the full booked for? lol
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug,,,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!