Fruits... maxing my carbs!!!

Options
rosy_rsls
rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
I love fruit and ive replaced all the junk ive been eating before with them. banana's pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, apples, u name them and ill eat them! but they are maxing my carbs out!!! is eating too much fruit bad??? HELP!

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I always say better to grab an apple than cookie, but I know for me, if I eat more than 2 servings of fruit per day, I will not lose. Everyone is different...
  • teneilfoote04
    Options
    Fruits turn into sugar than carbs, its okay to eat them as long as you stay active. My rule for myself is no more carbs after 3 pm. That includes fruits but I can have all the veggies and protein that I want. Good luck!
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    Look at your overall carbs and sugars and know where they come from. As long as you don't have blood sugar issues and you know that your carbs are coming from healthy things instead of the white sugars and simple starches, You should be alright. If fruit works for you and you are still losing, then stick with it. If you are not losing weight like you want to, you might have to look at cutting back the fruit some.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not at risk for diabetes, you are fine as long as you stay under on overall calories.

Fruit sugars are great for us, because they are still low on the glycemic index and are nutritionally dense. Some fruits are better than others, but you're probably just fine!
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks! i was freeking out thinking i was still eating horribly because of all the fruit!
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Because I have blood sugar issues I can not eat some fruit. Fruit is good for you, and like veggies they count as carbs.

We need to stop thinking all carbs are bad. Complex carbs, veggies, and fruit are good. Sugar, white flour, sodas are bad. As long as you have normal blood sugar, are keeping within your calorie limit, and are exercising eat as much fruit as you can,
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    How? I'm never over in carbs and I eat about three servings of fruit or more a day. :-/