Vegetarian/Pescatarian and keeping passover?

Options
Is anyone else vegetarian or pescatarian and trying to keep passover? I am trying to stay away from the five traditionally forbidden grains (wheat, spelt, barley, oats, and rye) for the first time this year. I am finding it incredibly difficult to eat all my calories without bread, cereal, crackers, and oatmeal unless I eat lots of sweets!

I am breastfeeding my 5-month-old daughter and trying to just maintain my weight, so it is important for me to eat all my calories. Anyone have some tips?

By the way, we found Aviv brand Organic Whole Wheat matzo this year. It is SO good! I highly recommend it! Still, there is only so much matzo one can eat in one day :)

I should clarify I am already eating plenty of nuts, eggs, dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese...), and fish/seafood. I guess one option is just to eat LOTS of those things...

Replies

• mzaiderman
    Options
    Matzoball soup im Matzot ve hummus, maybe sweet potatoes,
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Matzoball soup im Matzot ve hummus, maybe sweet potatoes,

My hubby is making very yummy Matzoball soup tomorrow; that will indeed help! Thanks :)
  • fallon144
    fallon144 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie a day plan and I am finding it working out fine. I eat matzah, cream cheese, tuna fish, cheese, lots of leftovers! (turkey, kugels, tzimmes, soups), cheesecake, torte, brownies, apples, etc...

If you eat it all in the right amount you should be fine. I've been doing a lot of walking during Pesach so I've been burning calories as well.

Good luck for the last 3 days! Chag Sameach!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I just realized this was from last year...never mind!