New to MFP

Options
Hello everyone..glad to see so many success stories out there...Hope I become one of them also.. Just started working out about 10 weeks ago...long overdue I might add. My children are in college and now it's time for me to start taking care of myself.. What really got me started was when my 18 years old son came up to me and said " mom, you need to do something, I want you to be here for my kids." Well broke my heart, so 10 weeks ago I started working out to a DVD the trainer who helps me has that as his goal...When people asked him why he does what he does his reply was "two words...My Mom." So since we are on the same page..it working well,,,I've lost 10 pounds in 10 weeks and 10 inches throughout... It's a start with a very long road ahead... And I like the format of MFP...may end up being my new FB...Good Luck to all..hope to chat soon..

Replies

• lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    MFP has been the jump-start I needed to get off the long plateau I was on. I lost 50 pounds and was stuck, but not wanting to count every calorie I consumed. I've been eating well for a while, but snacking a lot. I decided I better do something or I'd have to workout twice as hard to lose more weight. Since starting just over 3 weeks ago I've lost 6.6 pounds. So now I'm hooked! This actually makes keeping track of my input/output fun! And I've made new friends that have been cheering me on along the way. I want to lose about 24 more pounds and because of MFP I can envision it happening! You will get there too, just give yourself time! Good luck!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Thanks..I had a great workout Saturday...hoping to see the difference on the scale later in the week...Good job on your loss..keep up the good work.:smile: