What Now?

enoble11
enoble11 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 26 in Success Stories
After losing 49 LBS and only have 3 more to go. How do i transition to eating more without blowing up like a Mylar Ballon on Valentine's Day?

Replies

• up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Congrats! I, too, am needing to go on maintenance. I have put my settings on Maintain, but I chickened out and flipped back to losing. I know that's bad. I'm feeling real hunger pangs lately and I know my body is saying FEED ME!!! It's just scary to do so when I so badly do not want to go on an uptake of weight.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    slowly. don't add a ton of calories to your diet all at once. do it a little at a time making sure to account for the added calories in your exercise routine. and put a cap on the maximum amount of calories you will go up to that you can still work off and maintain your weight at. slowly is the best advice i can give. whether it's the amount of calories you take in or the type of food as well. if you've cut anything out of your diet completely don't bring it back into your diet all at once. do it a little at a time so that your body adjusts to it and processes it correctly.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    set yourself to the lowest weight loss option (I think is .5 lb a week) then allow yourself time to adjust. Over eat the goal by 50-100 calories a day for 1-2 weeks until you get to your maintenance level. There is no need to jump in the deep end if you still need your swimmies!

It took time to gain this weight, it took you time to lose it. There is no reason to expect it won't take you time to ADJUST to maintaining it! Now is when you get to put all your lifestyle habits into practice for the long haul!

Congratulations and good luck to you all!

eta: I reread my post and want to be clear on what I mean... up by 50-100 calories per day for 1-2 weeks, then go up another 50-100 per day, etc. until you reach your maintenance level. I didn't mean 50 one day 100 the next 150 the 3rd...
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Great advice from nckrystalblue
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!