Crispy Chili Twists ~ great alt. to chips

Options
ericarey85
ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
16 servings (1/4 cup)

2 cups uncooked rotini pasta ~ i would use whole wheat for extra nutrients and fiber
vegetable oil
2 tbsp grated parmasean cheese
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp garli powder
(you can also change the seasonings)

cook and drian past as directed on package.. Rinse with cold water: drain very thorghoughly (excess water on pasta will cause oil to spatter) heat oil in skillet to 375 degrees. Fry pasta about 1 cup at a time about 2min or until crisp and golden brown, stirring if necessary to separate. drain on papr towel. mix remaining ing. in large bowl toss with pasta until evenly coated.

80 calories, 2g fat per serving.

Replies

• ericarey85
    Options
    16 servings (1/4 cup)

2 cups uncooked rotini pasta ~ i would use whole wheat for extra nutrients and fiber
    vegetable oil
    2 tbsp grated parmasean cheese
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp seasoned salt
    1/8 tsp garli powder
    (you can also change the seasonings)

cook and drian past as directed on package.. Rinse with cold water: drain very thorghoughly (excess water on pasta will cause oil to spatter) heat oil in skillet to 375 degrees. Fry pasta about 1 cup at a time about 2min or until crisp and golden brown, stirring if necessary to separate. drain on papr towel. mix remaining ing. in large bowl toss with pasta until evenly coated.

80 calories, 2g fat per serving.
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds good enough to eat :happy:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to how something deep fried can only have 2grams fat/serving? :huh:

But they do sound delicious!
  • ericarey85
    Options
    me too :huh: but i just put down what the recipe said :ohwell: