any ladies 6'0 or taller?

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
Hello fellow tall ladies! :flowerforyou: I wanted to start a thread for us tall ladies to share our stories, body types, challenges, goals, issues, challenges finding the right fitting clothes/shoes...or whatever. From my experience, we tend to wear our weight well...since we have a lot of inches for it to spread out on...but nevertheless are still overweight (that's why we are here...right?).

I'm 6-feet tall, and currently weigh 180...and I think I look pretty good! :laugh: My goal weight has always been 175, but now that I'm only 5 pounds away from that, I definitely feel like I have more than 5 pounds left to lose. Since junior high I have been very active in sports, but never paid any attention to what I ate. Even though I've been very active, I wouldn't say that I ever had an athletic body shape. I am strong and generally all over a big girl, but definitely still have fat to lose. So even though I was always in shape...I never was really fit...if that makes sense. My weight has fluctuated between 185-215 during then and now. At 180, I feel better than ever. It feels odd to say that since to most people 180 is huge!

We are lucky to be so tall. What do you feel is your ideal or goal body weight? How do you wear your weight? What are your problem areas?

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0. I currently weigh 155 - 160 and thought for a long time it would be my perfect weight.. I think I'd probably like to take off another 8 to 10, but I'm not positive. Honestly, it feels really good to be at a place where I'm not super concerned about every pound. At this point, it's about toning and letting go of those last few pounds of body fat that really loves my hips and thighs. I'm positive that if I stay as active as I am, everything will fall into place, just takes time. :)
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' but I've always been on teh heavier side. My SW was 300lbs and I just met my first mini goal today of 280lbs. My overall goal is to lose 120lbs. I 'd LOVE to see 180lbs, I want a healthy BMI and a healhy lifestyle. I want to be here for my kids and have a LONG life.
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and currently 165 lbs. My lowest (and most unhealthy) weight was 135 about 15 years ago. My heaviest (non pregnant) weight was 181. Although being tall, no one really thought I looked overweight. I didn't feel right in my body. I just didn't look lean and I felt "fluffy". My goal right now is 160 lbs, although I will probably go for a range of 155-160. What brought me here to MFP was figuring out that exercise alone was not going to help me get where I wanted to go. From June 2010 to Feb 2011, I'd only lost 4 lbs. Since joining MFP in Feb 2011 I've dropped 12 additional pounds. And honestly, it doesn't feel like I've sacrificed anything. Seeing what I was putting in my mouth really opened my eyes to the choices I was making. Feel free to friend me if you wish!
  • omusi
    omusi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and have a very muscular build. My high school weight was 185 lb and it looked great on me. After high school I bounced between 207 and 214 due to not watching what I eat and no workout plan. I still loved the way I looked and my clothing size stayed the same. After having my daughter, two surgeries, and a divorce things got out of control. I currently weigh 275 and want to get back to 185. I struggle with eating emotionally or out of habit, I love food. I'm learning to just replace bad foods with good ones but have a long way to go. I don't want to give up on myself. I struggle with motivation at times and being discouraged.
  • omusi
    omusi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Being able to see the calories and what I'm eating is making a big difference for me. I've learned that even when I think I'm eating healthy or not that much I am. I hope to stick it out and see what I can do.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can send the link to my friend :)
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 5'11" (and 1/2, but always say 5'11") Currently at 160 lbs. At my heaviest I've been probably 175 and that's been within the past year or so. My ideal weight is 145-150 and that's not looking too skinny. I like to keep my curves. It floors me that I'm the same height as Nicole Kidman and she weighs 115-120 lbs! I just don't see how that can be healthy!

We are very lucky to be tall. I can carry weight much easier than most of my friends/family. My problem area has always been my midsection...I hate my love handles. And who came up with that term...there is nothing to love about them!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 5'11" (and 1/2, but always say 5'11") Currently at 160 lbs. At my heaviest I've been probably 175 and that's been within the past year or so. My ideal weight is 145-150 and that's not looking too skinny. I like to keep my curves. It floors me that I'm the same height as Nicole Kidman and she weighs 115-120 lbs! I just don't see how that can be healthy!

We are very lucky to be tall. I can carry weight much easier than most of my friends/family. My problem area has always been my midsection...I hate my love handles. And who came up with that term...there is nothing to love about them!

LOL on the love handles...and what's with "muffin top". Doesn't look like any muffin I've ever seen :)
  • janickc
    janickc Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey, i'm 5 11'' and i was lookink so good at 165lbs...15 years ago... Now i'm almost 30 years i'm 221lbs and most of the time i feel like crap! I hate mirror(they are my ennemy ) i use to like them! I am looking foward to like to see me again. I had 3 beatifull child and i had take a lot of weight each time now the pregnancy is over it time to get in shope. I already lost 29 pound but i have 41 more to lost i would like to weight 185lbs , I'M realyst, i know than i can have my 15 years old shape, but maybe with a lot of motivation when i will be at 185 i will change my goald
  • lmr9
    Options

I agree! 115-120 seems crazy skinny for 5'11"!
  • lmr9
    Options
    I'm 6' and currently 165 lbs. My lowest (and most unhealthy) weight was 135 about 15 years ago. My heaviest (non pregnant) weight was 181. Although being tall, no one really thought I looked overweight. I didn't feel right in my body. I just didn't look lean and I felt "fluffy". My goal right now is 160 lbs, although I will probably go for a range of 155-160. What brought me here to MFP was figuring out that exercise alone was not going to help me get where I wanted to go. From June 2010 to Feb 2011, I'd only lost 4 lbs. Since joining MFP in Feb 2011 I've dropped 12 additional pounds. And honestly, it doesn't feel like I've sacrificed anything. Seeing what I was putting in my mouth really opened my eyes to the choices I was making. Feel free to friend me if you wish!

A healthy BMI for a 6'0" female is 136-184 lbs. That seems very reasonable to me. Anything over that is too heavy, in my opinion. I know, I just barely got into the "healthy" range, and can totally tell a difference in how I feel now, versus how 200 felt. Being overweight my entire life, it's really hard to imagine myself being 160ish lbs. It seems so unattainable. It's like I have a mental block and just expect that I'll always be fat. Isn't that horrible!?!?! We sabotage ourselves so much. We can totally do it!! My current weight of 180 is the lowest I've been since elementary school...seriously...scary, I know. But now that I'm here, I don't want to stop. I feel fantastic (compared to the past), but I know I'm still overweight. I can see and pinch fat in places - and I want it gone! I KNOW that I have another 15-20 lbs of fat to lose. Once I hit my 175 goal - I'm going to celebrate - and then likely bump my goal down to 165 and start again! :drinker:
  • denisey94
    denisey94 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" or a little taller and I'm at 249 right now, I started trying to lose weight at the beginning of January when I was hovering around 260. My ugw is around 175 or 180 because I have a bigger frame and would still like to be curvy. I've been over 200lbs since I was 12 so really I think I'll feel pretty amazing under 200.