New and healing

Options
I'm new here but not new to exercise as i must do physio on a daily basis to help heal my hips. I'm recovering from a Triple Pelvic ost and Femur Ost in the left hip and still waiting for surgery on the right hip as it's dodgy too. I'm young ish at 34 female and mother of four girls. I used to snowboard and bike and walk everywhere.

Now i can't just about walk with a walking stick for a few miles before i'm just too sore to go on. I currently do the free steps programme on the wii for 30mins a day, and i do physio for 20mins a day. I do try to do the 30 day challenge on ea personal trainer game on the wii as well. Just started the intermediate level and on workout 7 of 20. I also do free weights for the upper body. I workout around an hour to an hour and a half per day, But i don't leave the house and i barely do housework as the workouts use all the energy i have and strength i have too.

Hugs to my new friends xx

Replies

• WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Now that is simply awesome, the kind of dedication you show in spite of just healing after surgery. You inspire me to keep staying positive next time I feel like taking it easy on a run or other exercise. Yours is the kind of attitude that will get you there. I can learn from that.
    Thanks for posting.
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are doing amazingly well! Thanks for posting... this makes me more motivated.
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks guys for such supportive posts, you've truly made my day! I love you guys already. Thank you for being so welcoming and friendly xx:flowerforyou:
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can only agree with all of the other posters. You are amazing!
    Thank you for sharing !
    :smile:
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. A couple years ago I had MRSA (that strep infection that eats away at your body). After 16 surgeries and a month in a convalescence center, I gained 100 pounds. I've been on this site for two weeks and the people here are terrific. I've lost 14 pounds so far and have 136 to go. Please add me as a friend. I find your story very motivating and would love it if we could encourage each other. Jacki
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow i think your an inspiration, to go through MRSA and survive! Let alone now start this journey which is long and hard. You have done incredible so far. I've added you now i know how too lol and well done. Happy to encourage anyone xx