Easter meals?

JessicaFB
JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
edited September 26 in Recipes
Hi all! Have you planned on modifying any dishes to cut out extra calories? Instead of green bean casserole, I'm doing steamed green beans tossed in olive oil and slivered almonds. I'm also using yams to mash up instead of white potatoes. Also, there will be a giant garden salad on the side.

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    sounds good.good planning.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    steamed green beans instead of cassarole...
    zuchinni cakes...
    quiche
    and strawberry shortcake for dessert... on angelfood cake with fresh strawberries and low calorie whip cream...
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    not having anybody over for dinner so really didnt have to worry, as diddnt have to make any "company" food.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    I'm making roasted chicken, sweet potato mash (which I'm making tonight so I just have to throw it in the crock pot tomorrow to reheat) and then we'll have steamed green beans and a nice green salad.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Ugh,I am going to my boyfriends mothers house for dinner. They always have a huge do,with dozens of potluck dishes.
    I opted to bring asparagus for my dish and am going to bring my own yam and bypass the scalloped potatoes.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    steamed green beans instead of cassarole...
    zuchinni cakes...
    quiche
    and strawberry shortcake for dessert... on angelfood cake with fresh strawberries and low calorie whip cream...

This is also what we are having for desert! I was wanting to smoke a lamb roast but store was OUT so had to get a butt instead.
This discussion has been closed.