A Few Comments From The New Guy

Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,

I have been on here for 3 days now and have really been enjoying it. I have wanted to lose weight for a long time now (6'1 260lbs currently) , but was always just to lazy to do it, and thought it would be too hard. I also know VERY little about nutrition so I never really knew how i could get myself healthier. I have grown tired of being the fat guy in my group of friends. And most of all i'm tired of not being able to do stuff such as keep up on hikes with my friends, play a game of football, and other stuff like that.

This website/ phone app have made this MUCH easier. i actually enjoy logging the calories and planning healthy snacks and meals. I feel like this is a lifestyle change that I will actually be able to stick with.

Here are a few thoughts so far after a few days on MFP...

- The amount of weight that other people have lost on here is amazing. I have been seeing people who lost 50, 100, even 200 lbs! I hope i can join one of those clubs someday. I thought these kinds of losses required personal trainers, expensive food, hours of exercise a day.

- My new diet makes me feel better. I am no longer slugginsh after lunch because im not eating a big burger and fries anymore.

- There seems to be a TON of good looking ladies on this site!

I'm happy to be here and look forward to looking and feeling better!

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Welcome, we're glad to have you join us!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Welcome and we are going to have a blast getting healthy!
  • ott923
    ott923 Posts: 3 Member
    Welcome, I am also new and I know exactly what you mean about keeping track and knowing whats what. This sight is amazing! Good luck!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Hey, you! So glad you found this site! I don't really have a lot to lose but I've met a lot of really inspiring people here! Wish you well on your journey, you will learn a lot and get all the support you need!!!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Here are a few thoughts so far after a few days on MFP...

- The amount of weight that other people have lost on here is amazing. I have been seeing people who lost 50, 100, even 200 lbs! I hope i can join one of those clubs someday. I thought these kinds of losses required personal trainers, expensive food, hours of exercise a day.

- My new diet makes me feel better. I am no longer slugginsh after lunch because im not eating a big burger and fries anymore.

- There seems to be a TON of good looking ladies on this site!

I'm happy to be here and look forward to looking and feeling better!

Excellent observations. I agree completely.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Welcome to MFP. I hope you can become a success story as well. MFP is better with friends. Feel free to add me.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Welcome, some tips I can tell you is I to have patience! It takes time. You will retrain your way of thinking if you stick with it. If you mess up one day, its not a big deal, climb back on. Dont beat yourself up if you have that treat, that piece of cake whatever. Its called life and its going to happen.Nobody is perfect. Go for your goal. Good luck!
  • Welcome... This site is great and the people are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! keep logging in, you will be inspired everyday.... good luck.. feel free to add me as a friend.. its a wonderful feeling to know that you are not in this alone

145716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Rage_Phish
    Thanks everyone. Another thing i like about this site is how much traffic the forum gets!

I'd love it if anyone wanted to take a look at my food diary for the past few days and let me know if im on the right tack and what i can be doing better.

Two of my biggest obstacles will be my job (i work at a cheese steak shop, not much healthy there), and my brother/ roommate eats ZERO fruits and veggies. my will power will have to be strong haha

Thanks!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    weclome to the site and best of luck to you!! i love your positive attitude!
  • djm0802
    djm0802 Posts: 1
    Hello glad to hear your off to a good start. I started about a month ago but then was on vacation for almost 2 weeks and just recently got back from a trip for work. I already overeat and traveling just makes it worse. Since my clothes dont fit and I feel like crap....I decided this is it.....I must change my lifestyle now. So today I started on the site and this time I'm sticking to it. In the past I've never communicated with other on site but I'm hoping the support of other will help!
  • Rage_Phish
    Hello glad to hear your off to a good start. I started about a month ago but then was on vacation for almost 2 weeks and just recently got back from a trip for work. I already overeat and traveling just makes it worse. Since my clothes dont fit and I feel like crap....I decided this is it.....I must change my lifestyle now. So today I started on the site and this time I'm sticking to it. In the past I've never communicated with other on site but I'm hoping the support of other will help!

I know what you mean about the close not fitting and feeling like crap. I also over eat, mostly just from eating when im bored. I'm basically just trying to do a better job of filling my free time.
This discussion has been closed.