5500 Vacation Calories!!!!

Options
spikku
spikku Posts: 22 Member
I went on vacation to see my family, and over the course of 4 days I went over my calories... a total of 5500 calories over to be exact!

I obviously feel guilty for stumbling off track so badly...

I want to try and "make it up", say, by leaving 100 calories uneaten per day until the 5500 calories is made up. That's almost 2 months :noway:

Have any of you ever wandered off your plan path so horribly during a vacation? Did you try to make it up?

:smile:

Replies

• spikku
    Options
    I went on vacation to see my family, and over the course of 4 days I went over my calories... a total of 5500 calories over to be exact!

I obviously feel guilty for stumbling off track so badly...

I want to try and "make it up", say, by leaving 100 calories uneaten per day until the 5500 calories is made up. That's almost 2 months :noway:

Have any of you ever wandered off your plan path so horribly during a vacation? Did you try to make it up?

:smile:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've every added them up.. So kudos to you for being so bold. :laugh: Just get back on the horse. You know what you gotta do to lose the weight you want to lose. Always remember that tomorrow is a brand spankin new day. Drink your water! :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in your situation, but...

Workout this next week a bunch, drink lots of water, and eat super healthy and within your calories. I don't dare stray from the wagon or I will forget how to come back...Hence how I got this big...Ugggg..Congrats to you for logging! That is a success to know at least where you are at for this week!:drinker:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off track on vacation. I fell off the cliff in everyday life, I got off my "healthy eating" plan over the holidays and it has taken me 8 months to get back on this thing. I am not trying to make it up that would no be feasible in my case. I am however taking it very seriously now and i am using MFP to the hilt. i am only on day 3 but for me 1 day is a miracle. Congrats on getting back so quick. I appauld you. I learned a lesson about myself thru all this. Just stay on it. :smile:
  • spikku
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!!!

I think I'm just going to take the 5500 calorie hit as a vacation souvenir lol...
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

I think I'm just going to take the 5500 calorie hit as a vacation souvenir lol...

I'd agree with you!
    Good Luck! :drinker:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Absolutely! Just the fact that you tracked is a good rebeginning! I do, wonder, just how long was the vacation? I mean, if you were on holiday for 14 days, then that's *only* 392 calories per day. (or... a couple of margaritas, or martinis, etc... you get the point). I'd simply take it a learned lesson, and get back with knowing what to do to keep on keepin on bro!
  • sdjurek
    sdjurek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself, you'll only make it worse! Just get back to the regular plan and stick with it. If you try to take away more calories it will just make for a cycle which is why we all fall off our diets.
    Just get up, brush off those scraped knees and start running again. Don't let your fall keep you down!