Pulled my hamstring, now what!?!

Options
I haven't been doing any major exercise but I appear to have pulled my hamstring. Its hard and painful to touch and has me very uncomfortable when bending my leg against resistance (like the ground). Anyone have any ideas for things I can do to keep up my activity while letting myself heal?

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Don't go any further. Go to the doctor to verify. If you haven't done any strenuous exercise or stretches you may have not pulled it. It might be just incredibly sore. But then again, Im no doctor, so chances are there may be no validity in what Im saying. Oh and I have pulled mine. It felt like I ripped it deep in the muscle like the fibers where being pulled apart. Then I couldn't hardly bend over and it hurt like hell the next day. That was 2 months ago and its still not healed.
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey LOTS of ice. I pulled my hamstring (clean off my bone) on 4-1. Then I had surgery on the 12th to fix it! Still laying in bed for the next 2 weeks! AGH. But I lost 3 lbs in the past 10 days!

I lay in bed and 'box' for cardio... and I also do strength training.

It's the best I can do... just moderate your exercise and give your hamstring time to heal!
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think i pulled a hamstring this week as well.... very sore behind my thigh.. arrghhh...