Cage - Free Peeps for Easter

Options
SMarie10
SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
Peeps, from the beginning of their brief existences, are forced to share small cardboard and cellophane box cages so cramped that the peeps could not walk around, stand, or even flap their wings, even if they weren’t inanimate. And after spending their relatively short shelf-life sitting in their own sugar, they are doomed to the cruel fate of having their heads bitten off on Easter Morning. Buy Only Cage-Free Peeps!

O.K. I stole this from that other "social network" page, but thought it was too funny not to share.

What's your favorite Easter candy - that we, or course, no longer eat..... ?????

Replies

• vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Creme Eggs!
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Mini Eggs!! Oh man... yummm
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    they are doomed to the cruel fate of having their heads bitten off on Easter Morning.

They are also exploded in the microwave. :laugh: :noway:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't like that cream in the cadbury egg.... But - give me a reeces peanut butter egg and I'm in heaven...
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change or not, I'm having peeps at Easter (I don't buy the other holiday knockoffs as the only true peep is an Easter peep :laugh: )! The difference is this year I only bought them once (and truly enjoyed every bite)! :wink:
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Peeps! I will eat one for Easter but at 28 calories and 7 g of carbs, it will be just one! LOL!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Love PEEPS!!!!!!

:smooched:
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    There were these hard shell eggs with a marshmallow filling, that and malted milk eggs!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the cadbury eggs, both cream and mini. i do have a bag of mini's in my purse that i will eat tomorrow. who says we can't eat them? it's all in moderation. notice i said i have A bag...and not several....lol, if i had several, then there would be no moderation cause i would eat them all!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't like that cream in the cadbury egg.... But - give me a reeces peanut butter egg and I'm in heaven...

I'm with you but my 95 year old mother loves the things so I buy tons from the time they first hit the store!
  • dragonflytequila
    Options
    Peep's on a stick....
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    I am soooo glad I am not the only one who loves the panned eggs (the bright coloured ones with the marshmallow filling) And the Robins' Eggs, hard candy shell and whoppers on the inside *dies a little* happily
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Not really on topic, but related to when you are directed to this thread...

Are you all getting the 'CAGES UNDER $500' ad at the top of the page - I assume it's due to the topic and does not just show up on your page if your user name is Bird-related! :laugh: :noway: :huh:
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Love Peeps!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The chocolate bunny of course!
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm saving my peeps for camping this summer. I like to open the pkg, let them get real stale, (rock hard) put em on a poker and roast over the campfire. The sugar carmelizes and OMG I'm in heaven! I also eat a lot less of them this way.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My ex was a high school science teacher and he use to use peeps to show what happens to things in a vaccume...the kids love it! By the why, they puff up and then explode! :laugh: :laugh: