1200 CALS

Options
Is everyone here on a 1200 Cal? I started out with that and I usually burn between 500-700 cals at the gym so my cal intake would go up and I never could catch up with it because I cannot eat a lot of food. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    Is everyone here on a 1200 Cal? I started out with that and I usually burn between 500-700 cals at the gym so my cal intake would go up and I never could catch up with it because I cannot eat a lot of food. Any suggestions?
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Eat good foods that are high in calories. I love my nuts (peanuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds) that way you don't have to eat so much and your getting your calories and it's healthy!!
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    OMG... I JUST sent a message to my workout buddy about this EXACT thing!! I too can NOT eat that much food!!! I am only at 900 today and I need like 1500 due to workouts. I hear the nut thing, any other ideas????? What about the fat content in nuts... does that put you over?? What else ya got for us???:laugh:
  • sculley
    Options
    I believe avocado is high as well
  • tweety3
    Options
    Another yuk. Sorry... see thats part of my prob as well... I am picky:grumble:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that dairy products seem to be high in calories too.. but watch out for Fat, Carbs, and Sugars. A nice, tall glass of milk with breakfast or lunch may help you a lot, as would cheeses and such.
  • sculley
    Options
    http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc2012.htm

maybe you can pick and choose from the list at the bottom of this page. :)
  • tweety3
    Options
    Cool. I just looked at that page. Im gong to book mark that !! Thanks!!!!
  • muskratface
    muskratface Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I used to have trouble eating all my cals, but I've gotten better at snacking a little more often between meals and spreading out the calories so I don't feel like I'm eating so much at one time. Also, I spent a week eating alll of my exercise cals and stopped losing. It probably had something to do with underestimating food cals and overestimating what I burned at the gym (I'm too cheap to buy an HRM!:laugh: ). Anyway, lately I've been sure to eat at least my 1,200 plus 1/3-1/2 of whatever I burn at the gym and I've been back to losing since. It seemed to me that my body eventually got used to more food, and eating more frequent, smaller meals definately helped kick up my metabolism. Now, I have to eat about every two hours to ward off that empty tummy feeling. Probably more info than you want or need, but the breakdown for my day looks something like 300 cal breakfast/lunch/dinner and three snacks of 100 cal between meals and after dinner. I'm a late-night snacking fiend, so I usually tack on an extra hundred or so calories to my PM snack if I've exercised that day.
  • tweety3
    Options
    Super info!! Thanks!! Ill try that plan too and see if it works for :love: me.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    wow i am really confused am i supposed to try to consume the number of calories on my page every day? I cannot do it. If i eat the 1600 they say i am due today i will never lose weight. I am sticking to my 1200 i don't care how much i burn exercising.. I will ask my dr about this though tomorrow. wow i feel really lost about this one.:noway: i am only on day 3 so if i am wrong i haven't screwed up to bad
  • sculley
    Options
    wow i am really confused am i supposed to try to consume the number of calories on my page every day? I cannot do it. If i eat the 1600 they say i am due today i will never lose weight. I am sticking to my 1200 i don't care how much i burn exercising.. I will ask my dr about this though tomorrow. wow i feel really lost about this one.:noway: i am only on day 3 so if i am wrong i haven't screwed up to bad

If it says to eat that much that is what you need to do :) if not your body goes into a starvation mode and that means you need to eat your exercise calories as well...
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Do an experiment, eat to the lower calorie level. If you find yourself hungry then start adding healthy snacks between meals. If you can eat to the lowel calorie level and lose weight sensibly then you're okay.

I say this because there's a good chance that when you signed into the site you entered your daily activities along with your workouts (like I did) and it gave you a lower calorie intake calculating your daily PT into the initial calorie recommendation. It appears that the site then recalculates your exercise (PT) a 2nd time when you enter it into your log even though it calculated it when you first signed in -- assuming the scenario I described is what happened to you. When this happened to me I didn't lose weight I gained and I had to go back and relook at what I did.

None of us knows what you entered when you joined so to empatically say "eat it all" may not be the best advice for you.

You have to take what you get from this site and follow your gut feelings about what's right and working or not working for you and balance that with all the sage and internet advice you get from the rest of us.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute-- I'm confused-- you're all having trouble eating 1200 cals? Oh my-- what planet am I on? I eat my 1200 and would love more-- :huh:
  • mscottgr8
    Options
    Thank god Marla, I was worried I was the only one. I can eat my calories and anyone else's leftover calories! I have no problem getting in my calories. Protein shakes with skim milk are a good snack anc might help use up some of those calories :)

cheers,
    Missy