Enough is enough and I'm gonna change

Options
lonnie26
lonnie26 Posts: 10 Member
Hi All :)
I have never really give anything to lose weight a real try before and since my husband is giving 100% I am too. For me I need to lose weight to not be in pain anymore and I need to feel better about myself. The journey started Monday April 11th and so far so good. I feel like I have more energy and I have started losing. My biggest problem is sweets. i'm a firm believer that cake is only there to hold the icing and that dessert should be the main course. Since my husband and I have started our change my sweet tooth is killing me and i am having trouble curbing the crave. I hope this will be one of the best life changes we have ever done and I cant wait to post in a few months our great progress.

Replies

• Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

I too feel that dessert should be the main course! I've always said if carrots tasted like chocolate I'd be skinny! I battle daily with a severe sweet tooth. My saving grace lately has been sugar free pudding.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard!! I also have a sweet tooth but I have found some great yogurts and fruit has helped a lot. Feel free to add me as friend if you like. Good luck on your journey!!
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome and enjoy your ride here there are alot of helpfull people here.I agree with lonnie26 sugar free pudding and fruit strawberries and things like that are naturally sweet. yogurt as well.
  • simply_lovable08
    Options
    Hello to you and good luck on your journey to a healthier you! I know exactly what you feel about the sweets. I had a horrible sweet tooth when i began to focus on losing weight. Honestly, I havent cut them out completely. I use portion control when necessary and 100 calorie packs. I do try to keep mindful of the amount of sugar in what I eat. Like Marcia, I eat sugar-free puddings but I also do cookies in the 100 calorie packs just to curb the cravings when I get them.

I hope you can find something that helps you. Again good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Jelly, 1/2 a cup of Frozen Berries - and some (2 or 3 tablespoons) of "lite" yoghurt is my sweet "fix" when the cravings get too bad......lately it happens less and less though
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Giving up sweets was hard for me also. I live for things like sugarfree jello pudding :)